Wiring harness recommendations?

What's Hot
xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
Looking to revamp one of my old SGs so going to get a decent wiring loom, does anyone have any uk suggestions? I don't really want to pay more than 80 max. I've sent shugz loomz an email but until they respond does anyone else have any they've used before?! Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Hope you don't mind me barging in Hymnal, but ditto this for a Tele set up. Have just acquired a superb Jooky body as my first build project. Thanks.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    No, of course not! Would be a useful resource to find looms fitting certain budget requirements too, wiring looms get overseen quite regularly in guitars and they do make a HUGE difference. 
  • Just bought a Shugz loom myself, just getting fitted as I type, however I can't recommend his service highly enough, and I know a lot of people rave about his looms.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I get all mine from marc at mojo and they are top quality all the high quality cts, switch craft paper in oil stuff and annoyingly neat :)
    not sure they are on his web site but just email him.
    Shugz are equally good in fact i think he gets his parts from marc as well so just go for the price ;-)

Have messaged Marc :) Any other suggestions out there? 
  • rprrpr Frets: 316
    What about the Axes r us loops-http://www.axesrus.co.uk/category-s/2041.htm
  • Shugz. Good components, neat solder work, great service.   :)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I used axesrus for my 72 Tele Custom, got a full kit, CTS pots, orange drop caps, wire etc, but not pre-wired.  Recommended, but from what I've seen Shugzlooms and Mojo are pre-wired for not much more money. I guess it depends how much work you want to do yourself!
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited December 2013

Another big recommendation for @Shugz, he does very nice work, uses quality components.  I'll send him a text in case he's missed your request.

• shugzshugz Frets: 775
    Happy to help anyone with a decent prewired loom. Have a look at the Facebook or website or give me a shout direct

I can offer most looms but usually its the les paul, es or Tele ones I do that seem popular. Just for the recird as well I wire everything myself and parts are sourced from various manufacturers so I'm fully independent and not tied in with other makers. I try and use of the best quality parts at all times.

Feel free to get in touch if you need any more info, email:

shooyboy 'at gmail 'dot' com

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Just had an email back from Hugh. Price seems ideal and based on the recommendations I'll go with him :) 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    @Hymnal You won't get better service or quality that Shugz.

Top man.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @shugz My tech was very impressed with the loom I got from you....he's just fitting it now for me, hopefully get it back to give it a blast on Sunday!
  • shugzshugz Frets: 775
    Thanks to all that have chimed in with some very kind words. All hugely appreciated :-)

I hope to post up some more kits I do in the near future so keep an eye out here or check the Facebook page too.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com