SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Awesome Oil City Masterwound Prototype Pickup

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
edited January 2016 in Parts £
Hi All,

I've just picked this up in a trade from Dr Bob, and whilst its flipping amazing at what it does, it doesn't quite sit with what I play normally. Its a beast of a pickup with a bright, yet powerful sound - it easily overdrives an amp and with the right amp set up it simply sings. 

I know it was built with Rainbow-era Blackmore-esque tones in mind... therefore I dusted off the Marshall Major, donned the open neck black satin shirt, primed the pyros and recorded this... actually, not really, its a rough n dirty demo of how snarly and nasty (in a good way) it is. Please excuse the iffy playing in places... I was enjoying myself too much!!

(Signal path - Squier Strat, OCP in bridge position, into M13 on "Tube Driver" model (approx half gain, half bass/mid/trb), into VamPower Power Baby 15 Valve combo, mic'd with a Superlux). Nothing added or taken away in the DAW.

I've scored a complete set of pickups for the Squier and therefore rather than leave it in a drawer, I'd like £40 delivered for it. If you play classic rock with a Strat... this is the dangling bits of the hound.
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29217
    I may be being dim here, but I am uncertain as to what sort of pickup it is, form-factor wise...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Its a Strat bridge pickup - single coil size... Big magnets, though, a la Seymour Quarter Pounder but comes with a regular cream Strat cover drilled to suit. 

I hope Ash doesn't mind, I've borrowed his picture of it...

Good call, @Sporky I made an assumption. Thanks!! :-)

• SporkySporky Frets: 29217
    There were certainly hints, but pictures are good axiomatically.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hip hop back to the top

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    Pm'd
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

And back at ya...