paulnb57 Slide chalenge build, the Driftwood-O-Caster!

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3094
edited January 2016 in Making & Modding
Not much to see here.....since the anouncement of the chalenge I have been searching for a piece of gnarly timber for the build, so every day, I go down here, which is about 10mins walk from my house

with Harry the Bastard

So it made sense to try and find a suitable piece of driftwood, well, today was the day, looks like a pallet slat, but mahogany ish, although its hard to tell because it is waterlogged.........poind coin for scale

Total cost so far......£0.00!

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    edited January 2016
    Well done that man! I have a piece I think k would be great but without a workshop is useless. Can't really be routing in my hallway
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16934
    that's a pretty awesome start - I hope you are maintaining as much of the look of it as possible
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3094
    Thats the plan Wez, I'm probably going to make something Lap Steel ish and dont intend to do much more than use this plank as a platform to mount other bits to, every day on the beach I will try and find other flotsam and jetsam to use.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll