Blue relic Tele build (finished)

What's Hot
SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
edited January 2016 in Making & Modding
Been doing this for a week or so on and off, been through a few different stages and tried quite a few new things. The body is the lightest tele I have ever felt, its a two piece and weighs about 1.6 lb. Pretty happy with it so far, I liked it with a cream pickguard but tried a black and liked that too. All the chrome work is mildly aged. Knobs are just some I had in the drawer as I have no spare tele ones.Pickups are unknown the bridge came from @TTony and the neck was in an old guitar i think may have been a 70's Samick. Had to buy another neck as I had run out... Love it or hate it there is no question it went better than my first relic attempt!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3962
    Another one!? Looking good :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    Cheers @Deadman, it's just another to sell. I'm not mad on relic guitars myself. I prefer shiny new looking. In some ways doing a relic is harder than a tidy paint job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2016
    Few shots of the finished guitar, cheers to @Deadman for the chip tips :D Think it looks better for them. Just needs paint to harden as ever and a bit of dirt in the chips. I can't bring myself to destroy the neck so will leave that for the buyer, its too nice and cost too much. It was a near perfect match for the body just a tiny bit of a shim :P On to the next!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers @marktheharp I'm doing a round edged one now in a fetching metallic brown. The body was damaged on the edges and I used the neck on another guitar. I have to say the rounded edges are very comfortable but am back to finding a new neck now.
    The circle of strife.

http://i64.tinypic.com/25aukw8.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6409
    Lovely job on the Blue Relic ! B-)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @Jalapeno
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Skodadad said:
    Cheers @marktheharp I'm doing a round edged one now in a fetching metallic brown. The body was damaged on the edges and I used the neck on another guitar. I have to say the rounded edges are very comfortable but am back to finding a new neck now.
    The circle of strife.

http://i64.tinypic.com/25aukw8.jpg
    How much for that lovely guitar shaped coat hanger?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2016
    Lol cheek! 2 and 6 and a cup cake, I actually think it looks like a giant minstrel
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3018
    Mmmmm 'Giant Minstrel'...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom