Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nelson Mandela

What's Hot
thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2962
edited December 2013 in Off Topic

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28211
    He made a difference.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10789
    :( amazing man.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24814
    RIP Nelson.  
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • It's been on the cards, but still such a loss. I shall have to finally get around to reading "Long Walk..."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34062
  • Despite his death I think it is the best aspect is that he lived long enough to get his chance to make a difference post apartheid despite being in his seventies when he was released.  A truly great man.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Despite his death I think it is the best aspect is that he lived long enough to get his chance to make a difference post apartheid despite being in his seventies when he was released.  A truly great man.
    That's a great advert for being vital and having a real driving passion in life. 
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2741
    RIP Mr Mandela.
  • No one lives for ever and he has been ill for some time so this was to be expected, but its a very sad day.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34062
    It is a great loss to the world but I'm not going near the news for about a week.
    Knowwhatimean?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    The likes of Call Me Dave and his mates were at uni in the early 80s having "Let's Hang Nelson Mandela" parties.

They'll mnetion that now of course.

The bastards.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    RIP Nelson Mandela

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited December 2013
    Lixarto said:
    The likes of Call Me Dave and his mates were at uni in the early 80s having "Let's Hang Nelson Mandela" parties.

They'll mnetion that now of course.

The bastards.
    On a serious note you need to check your facts as this was debunked years ago - Cameron wasn't involved in politics at Oxford and wasn't a member of the Foundation of Conservative Students that produced the poster, sang the song and held the parties. He did work for a sanctions busting company though after he left uni. You might want to amend this as no doubt Cameron's henchmen could be on the war path.

On the other hand Boris was heavily involved and was a member of the group that produced the tasteless hang Mandela poster ..

And look on the bright side .. since Cameron took over leadership of the Tories the membership has dropped by 60% ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73461
    RIP

A great man.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    RIP Nissan Maindealer.

A great man and showed a lot of grace. If only our politicians were as humble and worthy of respect as him.

Looking forward to Idris Elba's portrayal too.

As for BoJo he really is an odious little twat, I never bought his cuddly buffoon persona due to being a cunt prior.

Plus I am sure Dave and Co agreed with the pack privately if not in public.

If you are right @Fretwired long may he alienate the Tory faithful. That only leaves Ed and Co and Cleggy and Co to get shot of.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Facebook is a bit of a competition to be grieving the most about it at the moment.

Great man, but hardly a shock.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Are you sure? I've not seen anything on the news.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Does anybody else think there is a sort of reduction in critical faculties where Nelson Mandela is concerned? He was a great figure and all that, but I think there might be a bit of white-man's guilt about his status. I don't know, the adulation has just always made me feel a bit uncomfortable - maybe that's my white-man's guilt coming through. If this is inappropriate here then fair enough, I just wonder if he was everything that we think or wanted him to be.
    Use Your Brian
  • tbmtbm Frets: 585
    This is well observed:

http://onion.com/1bk5B6g

He was kind of a benchmark human wasn't he?

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    edited December 2013
    And now, sadly, the predictable slew of hypocritical vomit-inducing 'tributes' from political weasels around the world who were never fit to wipe his ass. Cameron was, as usual, disgusting.