12 string for stage

Looking for some suggestions please. Will be used mostly for stage so thinking it will have onboard electronics. This project may come to naught so looking to spend no more than 400 and straightforward to move on. Takamine have a number in that range new, but ideally would look for something used.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Have you considered the Godin acousticaster 12 strings, I had one and it was a phenomenal player and stage guitar, it's firmly on the list of "never should have sold" guitars.
  • I love my Vintage Paul Brett 12 string. Sounds great and as its a parlour size it's comfortable too. The electrics inside are good- it's got a Fishman system on board. My only criticism is the lack of an onboard tuner, but that's hardly a deal breaker.
  • Lots of Faith 12 string venus and neptune on ebay for less than 400... 

• chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    Cheers @strangefan I didn't know about these at all. Out of my range new but looks a good bet. I also now see Crafter do a hybrid 12 string that looks interesting
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Crafter are pretty underrated, they are very good guitars.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    Not sure if you'd get one for £400 used - but the Taylor 150e is a great guitar, with decent electronics.

As with all Taylors, they play superbly.

New they are around £650 - so I'd imagine second hand they would be somewhere near your budget.
    Cheers all - hope to try all of the above brands over the next 2 weeks
    Tried the Faiths and the Taylor - all very nice. I have unexpected trip to US next week which may be good / bad for this
  • chris45;947987" said:
    I also now see Crafter do a hybrid 12 string that looks interesting
    And very good they are too, acoustic ish sounds with the ease to play of an electric.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

Dangerous things these US trips:
    Had the chance to try a lot of things way out of my price range.  And also quite a bit off topic
    Taylor 800 acoustic - lovely instrument although for me eye-wateringly expensive
    Taylor T5 12 string - nearly lost my head on this one but sanity prevailed.  Very easy to play, lots of electro options although always a compromise on hybrid instruments
    Rickenbacker 660 12 - saw some historic threads on here after I came back.  THE coolest looking guitar I have seen in the flesh for a while.  Again straightforward to play
    The one I was a bit disappointed with was a Martin 12 string - nice tone but the neck was too much of a handful.