Idle enquiries - Telecaster build

What's Hot

So it occurs to me that I have a good few of the electronic bits I'd need for a nice Brent Mason-esque Tele partscaster sitting in various boxes at home. Here's the sticking point-

Where's the best (best = cheapest vs decent quality) place to source a non-standard Tele body? I want a Tele bridge pickup rout, a standard SC in the middle and a P90 rout in the neck position.

Thinking rear-routed master volume and tone, maybe individual on/off switches.

I presume none of the parts companies will have anything like this in their standard "off-the-peg" range?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16931
    edited January 2016

it won't be standard off the shelf stuff but you can try guitar build for a custom routed tele, or you may find one who sells a partial swiimming pool route under the guard.

Personally I would get a standard tele body and have the routes altered - quite a simple job  that could be done by many techs

edit:

teh i see the need for a rear route - that rules out a standard tele body

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3018
    I've just had a play on the Guitarbuild website and I think you can order all the bits you want including the rear route controls from their 'customizable Tele body' option
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Guitarbuild can do just about anything you want if you get in touch and talk to them. I had a totally non-standard neck I wanted to use once, and designed my own body shape for that, and they were able to make that into reality. Whatever pickup routs or other features you wanted for a tele style body would be no problem I'm sure.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good stuff people (and @GSPBASSES, who sent me a PM). I'll do some thinking and budgeting...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.