Already bought last guitar !

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Thanks for all the replies, no depression though please. I was diagnosed with a form of rheumatoid arthritis when I turned 40, didn't think I would be playing at 43 let alone 51, so done well. The big necks have made a huge difference, kept me playing. But I have been gigging 35 years , was hoping to make 40, slide playing is helping but not good enough to play slide all night. Had a good innings but don't want sympathy as I am ok with it now.

I'm not sure it's sympathy Taff. Well it is but not wholly. For me it's more like Christ I may hit that wall one day. Which is a bit selfish. But I am a bloke after all.

It's an appreciation that something as all consuming as playing an instrument (us lot) can dramatically change with little effect from one's personal efforts.

Back to the shed for me.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The big necks have made a huge difference, kept me playing.

We knows someone who can help :)

• My guitar necks are as big as they get !
  • You clearly haven't played a Phillips Cleartone Conversion.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3844
    edited December 2013
    Anybody else nearing the end ?
    Sorry to hear about your situation.

I'm in a similar boat, I'd like to buy something else but no point really as my playing, such as it was, is going downhill.

My index finger locks up on barre chords, I find even simple stuff a bit of a struggle and the after effects of an hours playing can last for days.

It's just a part of getting old although I often wonder if guitar playing over the years exacerbates joint wear.
  • chrisj1602;99826" said:
    You clearly haven't played a Phillips Cleartone Conversion.
    You clearly have not played mine!