Tube Screamer clone

What's Hot
I fancy building one and wondered whether anyone knows where I can get a PCB?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I used to get all mine from musikding.de good little site and relatively cheap. be ware though if you're just starting out their TS kit is a bitch to get together, at least go for a decent sized enclosure. If you are starting out id recommend a booster or a fuzz face for first couple of attempts
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3070
    edited January 2016
    Fuzzdog Pedal Parts does some good kits. This is the one you need. I would recommend also getting an enclosure and one of his 3DPDT daughter boards as it makes wiring up almost trivial.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks chaps. I'll have a look at both sites.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Thanks chaps. I'll have a look at both sites.

don't do it- it'll eventually lead to you setting up your own pedal company!! It's a slippery slope. If you get stuck etc, feel free to holler for help.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Cheers Thorpy, although I very much doubt that!

But I have a duff overdrive pedal with a nice case that's crying out for some new innards.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    ThorpyFX;955854" said:
    Fatfingers said:

Thanks chaps. I'll have a look at both sites.

don't do it- it'll eventually lead to you setting up your own pedal company!! It's a slippery slope. If you get stuck etc, feel free to holler for help.
    I can't confirm you'll set up your own company but can confirm its seriously addictive but also a lot of fun.
  • I'm aware of the slippery slope. I built an Ampmaker SE5 a few years ago and have since built another two amps. Pedals are smaller though. Amps take up too much space. Or at least my wife thinks so.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited February 2016
    I use these now rather than 3pdt switches so you can use a dpdt. It feels much nicer to use than a 3pdt and doesn't have the loud click when you use it. Dpdt are more reliable as well.

http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Grind_Customs_FX_Lumen_-_Optical_Bypass_System/p847124_14320720.aspx