Unexpected new (old) pedal day, and how little progress I've made!

dindudedindude Frets: 8565
edited December 2013 in FX
So, met Mother for a spot of lunch yesterday, she is fairly new to the retirement life so she had cleared out the cupboard in the bedroom that me and my bro used to share. All tat as expected apart from this:

I thought it was long gone, and it's very clean with box and instructions.

I gigged this throughout my Uni days in my Britpop band (well it was the late 90's) into a Sovtec Mig50 (anyone remember these, was a cheap but pretty good Bassman clone).

Plugged it in this morning, it sounds great! What is rather astonishing is that my current pedals of choice (after much much experimenting and goodness knows how much money) are a Mad Professor Little green Wonder and a Rockett Blue Note, not cheap pedals, and when stacked with my preferred settings it sounds almost identical to the Drive Master on full gain. This was at bedroom volumes though.

The Marshall has a teeny weenie little more bite, a slightly more brittle top end, and the stacked pedals maybe a little more refined and rounded, but by god it's close. The LGW and BN are also two of the most uncompressed pedals out there and I'm impressed that the Marshall only has slightly more compression than these two stacked together. I guess my tastes haven't changed much in 15 years after all!, I'm back to playing through Fender type amps too.

It's not going to replace these two, but it really is a rather good pedal none the less.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments