Sales on commission?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5116
    edited February 29
    Thanks for the comment, although I wasn’t looking for any advice on sales platforms.

I bumped this rather old thread just to see if anyone has any real-world experience of current guitar shop commission rates. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    It might have been me that mentioned ATB and 15% - I'm not sure as to Mike's up to date rates, but that's what it was, I'm sure. James at The Guitar Showroom in Sussex will sell on commission for, I think, 12% including VAT. He's done it for me a few times, and sold it for more than I would have anyway. I've been on at him for some time that it's too low (I know him pretty well) but I think that his view is that it opens up potential contacts and customers for him, so he's happy with that.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12613
    Thanks for the comment, although I wasn’t looking for any advice on sales platforms.

I bumped this rather old thread just to see if anyone has any real-world experience of current guitar shop commission rates. 
    Since when has the question ever determined the answer on here : )
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5116
    munckee said:

Since when has the question ever determined the answer on here : )
    Who knew?!  :)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/