SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Blackheart Little Ant 1/4W Valve head and cab

What's Hot
JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
edited February 2014 in Amps £
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu15/erikryman/010-1.jpg

I bought this for the living room, but seem to just play my AC15 instead, so tis on it's way.

Lovely condition < 1W and controls so simple even I managed to master them..

£99 Delivered, PPG or Bank transfer preferred :)

MR Review

Here's the spec/blurb

The Killer Ant Half Stack is The follow up to Blackheart Engineering's Little Giant 5, the Killer Ant is the first attainable, boutique quality fractional tube amp. Featuring Class A, Single Ended circuitry, it delivers the complete, classic, touch responsive tube tone you need but at more manageable volumes for apartment dwellers and recording sessions.

Designed on a beer stained cocktail napkin, prototyped, built and tested in a one car garage in Austin, TX, and engineered to the same strict standards as the Little Giant 5, this "little head" delivers the tones, the smells and the attitude you want when sonic bliss is everything and volume needs to be kept at bay. The Killer Ant embraces 100% classic all tube circuitry but, instead of a high power tube output section, it boasts a clever, all tube power block pumping out a mere fraction of 1W. What you get is arena rock tone at bedroom levels. No more angry neighbors, whining wives or girlfriends (or both...just sayin').

Like its big bro, it features completely overbuilt component specs, from 1W resistors in the signal path to double sided PCB with 2 oz traces. Even its diminutive cabinet, just over palm sized, is built to take a beating with 15 ply (18mm) void-free wood covered expertly in durable black tolex. Final touches include distinctive white piping accents and a salt & pepper cloth covered front baffle. 4, 8 and 16-ohm extension speaker jacks allow you to hook the Ant into virtually any cab you like, including a 4 X 12. However, its counterpart, the Killer Cab, is designed to be its perfect soul mate.
Blackheart Products have been discontinued and are and end of line product. All Products are brand new but have been on display.

Specifications

Head <1 Watt RMS, Single-Ended, Class A » Outputs: 1 x 16 ohm jack, 1 x 8 ohm jack, 1 x 4 ohm jack » Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7 » Solid State Rectifier » Volume (the rest of the tone is in your hands) » DC Power to filaments for super quiet operation » 15 ply, 18mm thick-void free plywood construction Cab 16 Ohms » 30 Watts power handling » 15 ply (18mm) thick, void-free plywood construction » 10" Blackheart Model 1016B by Eminence Speaker with British Voicing, optimized for closed back cabinet » 2 x 16 ohm parallel speaker jacks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments