Esquire Cocked Wah Bandwidth

GrahamMGrahamM Frets: 34
edited February 2016 in Making & Modding
Having put together an Esquire with the Arlo mod wiring,the cocked wah sound is (in this guitar) a mid wah,which is fine but got me wondering how it would be possible to shift the band frequency higher? The low pass filter capacitor on it's own only chops off a small amount of treble but combined with the the high pass resistor/cap (which one it's own is blocking the low frequency's as expected) the treble sounds much reduced,to a mid wah.
 So what part of the circuit would I need to change to shift the cocked wah band higher?  The pickup is a Mojo Esquire wound to 11k.

Cheers.

Oh,and could  trimmer capacitors/resistors be used to tweak the band frequency ? Thanks.
image"">

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think @ICBM is the man for this, I have an Esquire and looking to see if I can alter frequency with a pot
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73039
    To move the pass band upward, you need to reduce the value of both caps. It's possible to work out how much the frequency range will shift by, but it might be easier to just try it - you may possible need a different change for each one, but I would start by halving the value of both, ie a .0022uF for the cap to ground and a .0047 (.005) for the one in series with the resistor.

With the pot, you won't actually be changing the frequency - just altering the depth of the cut at both ends.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GrahamMGrahamM Frets: 34
    thanks @koneguitarist  and @ICBM That's what I needed to know.Cheers.