Troubleshooting help needed from FX lads!

So today, my lovely Nova repeater and Ibanez CF7 arrived.  I took them upstairs to demo, and the nova repeater is the nuts, but the CF7 doesn't work.

It won't work at all with battery, which is fine - I'm guessing that bit might be buggered, tidy as it looks.  But when you plug in a 9V power supply (works fine on other effects), the light comes on when the effect is engaged but the signal stays completely dry.  Twiddling the knobs doesn't change anything, and the result is the same with both outputs, in effects loop or in front of the amp.  I don't think I can add much more detail to the post to be honest, but I'll answer any other questions.

Or if there are any effects pedal tweakers in Cambridgeshire who would take it on as a mini project, I'm happy to drop it off!

It's in, otherwise, near perfect nick and does not look in the slightest bit abused! I want a cheap, funky sounding chorus and flanger and this really ticks the boxes and the whacked chorus setting can even approximate bonkers ring mod sounds, so I would be interested in getting it working.

Any help appreciated!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just as an addition, I'm quite happy soldering - though I might need a smaller iron for a job like this.  
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7505
    edited December 2013
    Bloody hell, just opened her up and it's...Er... MASSIVE.  I couldn't see anything that was obviously wrong, though.  :( 

It's so big, I'm not sure it'll be realistic to work on it, which is a shame.  I'm going to suspect that an incorrect power supply might have been used, or a voltage spike occurred(?) and destroyed something.  The Krazy switch mutes the signal, too.  Or perhaps Royal Mail buggered it :( Travisthedog assures me it was working a few weeks back, and he's been a top chap so it's likely to be RM I guess!

BLARGH.  Shame, it's a really cool sounding pedal.
  • MaxiMaxi Frets: 13

I'd start off with a quick look at the wiring and continuity test all of them and then connect a bettery clip directly to the power input tags on the board .

Once the simple tests are out of the way its time to hand it over to an expert , preferably a friend otherwise too expensive to fix .

Flown the nest .