SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS. Matchless Little Monster 9 Watter ***** SOLD ******

What's Hot
ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
edited April 2016 in Amps £
I'd very much like to have a tilt at Steve's Kinkade acoustic guitar listed on this forum: as such these need to fund it....owing to the fact that, inconveniently, I haven't got a pot to piss in for gear incomings....

Rather than repeat a previous advert, I thought I'd simply refer to it with this link..where there's loads of pics and info. 

The Cornish is £375, Matchless £900, and Emery £650....all net.

Happy to answer any questions via PM. 

Cheers.

Paul.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    Oh dear, not that Emery again! Must...fight...GAS!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Resistance is futile Jimmy....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Got to love the emery - i picked up a superbaby from this very forum, and it's nothing short of amazing.  Much tube swapping :)  Good luck with the sale!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • uncletrev said:
    Got to love the emery - i picked up a superbaby from this very forum, and it's nothing short of amazing.  Much tube swapping :)  Good luck with the sale!
    Did you buy the Superbaby off Dodge? 
  • WillEdmundsWillEdmunds Frets: 168
    Good shout on the Kinkade guitar. He sets up all my guitars and is a master! What kind of Matchless is it you're selling?
  • Did you buy the Superbaby off Dodge? 
    I don't think so - was he running it with a 1 x 12" Koch speaker?  And it's just the head, not the lovely wooden surround....  Came with a veritable shedload of tubes to mix and match!
  • Good shout on the Kinkade guitar. He sets up all my guitars and is a master! What kind of Matchless is it you're selling?
    It's a 9 watter...Little Monster...follow the link in the ad for better pics. 

A few details ( as though the details I've supplied are any better than piss bloody poor..!!! ) 

This is 110v guys, step tranny is included. Totally stock, no signs of any component swaps, repairs or any such skullduggery.  2 off 12ax7's, both Mullard, one Blackburn, one Dutch. A 1950's Mullard EL84 ( Bought as NOS..though obviously now used..) Unbadged rectifier...best guess a Pinnacle. 

Built like a bloody castle. This little sod weighs as much as Wales. 

Usual Matchless build quality. Push Pull MV ( some of them didn't have this feature...I should put another £100 on the price...:)) ) 

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/matchless-little-monster-1

The previous owner spoke to Phil Jamieson about these, and asked him why they are so rare, Phil replied that they couldn't price them to be affordable and make money on them at the same time...new, in 2008 they were an eye popping $1800, and you lads thought £900 is dear...it's a bloody bargain...
    :-\"
  • uncletrev said:
    I don't think so - was he running it with a 1 x 12" Koch speaker?  And it's just the head, not the lovely wooden surround....  Came with a veritable shedload of tubes to mix and match!
    I don't think that's the one Trev...

The sales pitch aside for a moment , Dodge put me on to these amps in the first place a few years ago, I consider it to be some of the best amp advice I've ever listened to...This little unassuming amp has a voice that would melt a Taxman's heart. 
    ;)
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1492
    edited March 2016
    uncletrev said:
    Mine went to @Astor if I remember rightly.  It was just the old style head with the two wooden 'cheeks'.  I also made a cocobolo rack for the tonne of valves that went with it.

Great GREAT amp and the only amp I've ever been told off by the wife for selling!  I'd love it back really - was a real mistake selling it.  I ran it through a Blue in a mahogany Thiele-ported cab - amazing sound.  Anyway, here she is - if anyone (Gordon?) knows where it is, I'm definitely interested in having it back:

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Hi, where abouts in Manchester are you as I work in stockport and I'm interested in your Emery.
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited March 2016
    Pm'd @DanR
  • EMERY IS SOLD 
  • @Dodge - i reckon my superbaby was originally yours :)  I bought it from a chap called Gordon, and it has the cocobolo tube holder - too much of a coincidence to be otherwise!!

Congratulations on the Emery sale - @DanR is in for a treat

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I missed out unfortunately.

Teach me to be clearer in my messages though lol.
  • CORNISH IS SOLD. 
  • Just the Matchless left Gents....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1492
    uncletrev said:
    @Dodge - i reckon my superbaby was originally yours :)  I bought it from a chap called Gordon, and it has the cocobolo tube holder - too much of a coincidence to be otherwise!!

Congratulations on the Emery sale - @DanR is in for a treat

@uncletrev - I reckon you're right!  I'll keep it brief so not to hijack my old mate @ourmaninthenorth 's thread, but if you ever decide to part with my old amp, I'd be very interested to talk.  Cheers!
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Never thought id hear the words "just the " teamed with the word " matchless" in any sentence! :) Boy would i love to plug into that beast. Atb best with the sale bud.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    For what it's worth, i've heard this Matchless in the flesh and it's KILLER. Just sayin' ;)

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Gents.

=D>