SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Princeton Recording Amp *Sold*

JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
edited March 2016 in Amps £
Based on the Fender 65 Princeton Amp, this model was upgraded with an onboard attenuator, compressor and overdrive. The rear panel features an XLR DI out with variable output. 

As its name suggests, it's an ideal recording and studio amp. It's also a great amp for a home player as it allows the amp to be run with the volume on 4 - 6 on the dial with the attenuator bringing the output volume down to neighbour friendly levels. 

It runs 2 x 6V6 valves in the power section which give the beautiful Fender clean sound that can be further enhanced via the spring reverb. It's a gorgeous sound. 

The amp has never been gigged being used solely for practise at home at modest volumes. It is in excellent condition and was serviced and fitted with new power and preamp valves approx 12 months ago by a qualified technician. It comes with a heavy duty Fender fitted cover. 

£345.00

Here's the details of the amp given by Fender - 

The Princeton Recording Amp offers all of the great tone and dynamics of the original, plus several modern studio-friendly features. 

Its all-tube preamp, power amp and reverb circuitry is based on the classic ‘65 Princeton Reverb, and, with 15 watts and a 10” Jensen® speaker, it provides spanking vintage tone and enough output for small gigs and rehearsals. 

The transimpedance power attenuator lets you crank up the amp for full output tube overdrive and set the speaker volume as low as you want (even silent for headphone use). 

Other features include two classic onboard “stomp box” effects (overdrive and compression), genuine tube-driven Fender spring reverb by Accutronics, headphone output, speaker emulated line output with level control and ground lift, speaker output jack (internal speaker may be disconnected for use with other 8-ohm enclosures), professional FX loop and four-button footswitch. 

If you would like more detailed pics or info let me know. I would obviously like this amp to be picked up the buyer (I'm in centre of Basingstoke, by train station if it helps) but I do have a shipping box from a Blackstar amp that it fits exactly with protective foam bumpers in place, so shipping may be option if no local buyer comes forward.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Absolute flipping bargain that is
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
    I have seen them in worse condition go for a lot more but I picked it up from the original purchaser via eBay about four years ago for a very similar price, so I'm content to get my money back. It's a beautiful amp and I'll be a bit sad to part with it but I'm playing bass a lot more these days and for my level of competence my Pathfinder 15R is ample. I may be putting up an Excelsior shortly as well.
    When I had my gear clearout last year in order to fund less but better stuff, this was for some time my ideal target amp but I either couldn't travel to them or I got outbid. Ended up getting the 68 reissue instead but this is seriously tempting! Stereo Princeton action (especially one with an fx loop) would fill both my life and spare bedroom with beautiful sounds.

Sadly I blew my last bit of GAS funds raised on a silly purchase of a Marshall 1watt JTM so will have to have a fresh look if I can shift that and a few things to fund this...

(am in Birmingham though so unless by any miracle you ever travel up this way it'd have to be a postage job)
    There's a direct link to Brum (2hr journey apparently),if you were up for it or perhaps meet halfway (I don't drive).
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1286
    Could you let me know how large this amp is? (HxWxD)
    42 (H) x 51 (W) x 28 (D)
    peteri said:
    Could you let me know how large this amp is? (HxWxD)
    42 (H) x 51 (W) x 28 (D)

Weight is 47lbs
    Bump
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16678
    You would think people would jump at this........................so much talking -so little buying !
    I'd have bought it already if I was near to it
    Price drop. Now £345.00.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    Buy this people, because I'm starting to get that itchy GAS feeling and with 2 kids at Uni, it's either buy this or not fund them for a month ;)
    Princeton Recording Amp sold pending (via Gumtree).
    Boom! gutted I couldn't get over to you, but glad you've got a sale
    Buyer abducted by aliens, so amp still looking for a buyer.

£345.00

• PMd
    Now sold.
    Thank god for that
    Indeed. Though I'll be sad to wave it goodbye. I'm sure I'll get over it.