People that wear hats indoors

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16373
    Grunfeld said:
    What about performance enhancing hats for gigging? Most photos of me on here are inside buildings but I'm wearing a hat as a psychological aid to playing the guitar...
    I was wondering about this the other day, pondering on hats.

I had my hair cut pretty short No.1 clippers and it doesn't look very RnR.  And while it's okay because I don't feel self-conscious or anything, and I love the cut, but was wondering about hat options. 

What's good on stage?  Anything?
    Just nothing too heavy/ sweaty I'd suggest.  On the other hand nothing that falls off all the time.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I'm wearing a hat now.  It's 11 C indoors.  I've mostly had shoulder length hair all my life and waist length hair before that with three or four short haircuts inbetween.  Although now it's thinning I can appreciate that a hat would come in handy.  When I buzz my hair off I plan on wearing one of these as it's my right to do so where ever and when ever I wish:

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    Sambostar said:

When I buzz my hair off I plan on wearing one of these as it's my right to do so where ever and when ever I wish:

I never had you down as someone who wanted to wear a burka!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2016
    Grunfeld said:
    What about performance enhancing hats for gigging? Most photos of me on here are inside buildings but I'm wearing a hat as a psychological aid to playing the guitar...

I had my hair cut pretty short No.1 clippers and it doesn't look very RnR.  And while it's okay because I don't feel self-conscious or anything, and I love the cut, but was wondering about hat options. 

Just nothing too heavy/ sweaty I'd suggest.  On the other hand nothing that falls off all the time.
    I think I've posted this twice this week but my current choice in stage head wear:  http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/Mobile Uploads/2016-03/069630AF-C70A-4BBC-BCAB-FCE9806B09DD_zpsvrxom1jc.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Grunfeld said:

I think I've posted this twice this week but my current choice in stage head wear:  http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/Mobile Uploads/2016-03/069630AF-C70A-4BBC-BCAB-FCE9806B09DD_zpsvrxom1jc.jpg
    "on-stage" doesn't count. Hats are cool on-stage, just not in the audience.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

No they're not.  Long beards are, they show dedication.  A hat you just take off at the end of the night like a used condom.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Sambostar said:

No they're not.  Long beards are, they show dedication.  A hat you just take off at the end of the night like a used condom.

http://payload150.cargocollective.com/1/8/285675/5312108/gillette fusion.jpg

;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Depends where you work. My son wears a wooly hat in the winter. He is in a warehouse with no heating.

I work in a big scientific research centre. We had a young guy here for a while and he wore a wooly hat all day every day. Every time I saw him the word "twat' immediately popped into my head. Couldn't help it, it was an auto response.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    My employer's dress code specifically forbids hats.

Also both kaftans and mumus.

And both onesies and rompers.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Some people look great with a hat on, and I envy them. For whatever reason, I think I look like an even bigger knob-end than normal if I wear a hat and in any case I feel uncomfortable wearing one. The only time I'll ever wear one is in the dead of winter, or I have a Panama Jack one for when I go to Florida. Anyone that wears a hat indoors is a total arsebadger, though. This also applies to anyone who wears sunglasses indoors.

I do however tend to wear sunglasses even when it's not sunny, particularly when I'm driving, because the brightness makes me squint, and I end up with a headache otherwise.

Sambostar said:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/Mobile Uploads/2015-12/1C35FA08-49BF-4679-BA82-9A80A43C1611_zpsyg0rgocs.jpg Sorry for the fuzzy photo ( and posting another photo of me) but I just wanted to demonstrate my level of dedication. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3097
    Sunglasses indoors or at night? I hope you catch gonorrhoea. 

Or the middle class, unemployed, range rover driving, hunter boot wearing, over priced house owning females who wear huge sunglasses even when it's raining. They are the evil and they, are dicks. 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Sambostar said:

..... you just take off at the end of the night like a used condom.

so .......  it's just me that keeps it in place with an elastic band for next time?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    Billy Gibbons can wear a swimming cap thing AND a hat AND sunglasses indoors and still look cool. I look a twat in any one of the three.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I wear a beanie most of the time unless i'm in the shower or have to take it off to replace it with a cycling helmet, crash helmet, hard hat or other amusing head-gear. I have indoor hats and outdoor hats. There is no rule regarding indoor hat wearage to the best of my knowledge. 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    A friend at Uni has minor aspergers and has been advised that harsh lighting can make certain psychological issues worse, so wears a hat to cover her eyes a bit... but where lights are dimmed even slightly she takes it off because wearing a hat indoors is wrong...

There are others who wear the hat, and have a hood up at the same time at all time.

I suspect they shower in fabric detergent to keep clean
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I wear a beanie at work in winter. Mostly as the building is west facing, and in the shadow of a taller building behind and is fucking freezing.....

I also wear a brimmed hat when out in the sun, as, due to crohn's, my immune system is fahooked, and skin cancer is always likely (and I really don't want that bastard again).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    edited March 2016
    boogieman said:
    Billy Gibbons can wear a swimming cap thing AND a hat AND sunglasses indoors and still look cool. I look a twat in any one of the three.
    That's Reverend Billy Gibbons to you. Normal rules don't apply, 'just because' (and hypocritically because I said to the contrary, but he ain't no normal bloke).
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6237
    As I am a bowling-ball slap head... I always wear my cloth cap, even indoors with the current cold snap...cos I'm an old southern Jessie..
    I also wear it in  the car... just cos it probably freaks out the driver behind me.. hat = old = bad driver
    ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • BGGBGG Frets: 698
    I don't get how folk gig in hats, especially beanies etc, I sweat like a bastard when I'm playing I reckon with a hat I'd over heat even more :(
    #thebatesmotelband