Lester gas

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• llewllew Frets: 78
    Iv just chucked some fresh strings on it and it just sings! Early days I know but I'm really enjoying it so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    edited March 2016
    Same boat here, predominantly a strat type player and I've been through so many LP types (admittedly not the real thing) and hated most of them, the closest bridge between strat and LP for me was the Epi nighthawk, the scale length obviously helped, but the slender body and ribcage contour were a huge plus over the massive hunk of lumber a Les Paul has.
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    Yes physically it's a lot different to a strat.
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    thebreeze;1014221" said:
    I'm no mean player or anything but I've always considered myself a Strat man.  My first guitar was (and had to be) a Strat and many decades later I've now got myself some beautiful instruments, including a really nice CS 1958 Les Paul (which I bought off someone here).  However, a month or two ago I did a trade with @HoraceB and traded a CS 1963 Strat for his CS Les Paul 1956 Goldtop.  I can honestly say that this guitar has seriously changed my life.  I'm totally reappraising my whole gear thing to the point I may get rid of everything apart from this and, of course, a Strat.  I'm really beginning to understand that there are individual Les Pauls out there that speak to just one person.  I'm so surprised I feel like this because I coud never really get used to Les Pauls and always longed to be playing a Strat whenever I played one.
    It's true, The One can do that to you!
  • vizviz Frets: 11041
    -2 wisdoms for calling it a bloody Lester! :z

Remember to steer clear of red Lesters, because .... everybody, .... "THEY PLAY LIKE CHEESE" i thank you.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom