What would you like to see?

What's Hot
EvoEvo Frets: 308
Right guys and gals,

I'd like to start recording a few bits and sticking it on youtube, however i'd like to put some stuff up there that people want to see rather than just plucking things from the air. 

So, as you guys will be some of those likely to see these vids, what would you like to see more of on YouTube?

Teaching or playing? 
Any particular styles?
Any particular techniques?
Gear reviews/how to?
Grade related stuff?

Whatever you'd like to see, drop it into a reply below and let me know! :-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33809
    Donna Lee at 220bpm.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    Open c# chugged with varying levels of pal muteness through different combinations of guitar / amp / pedal, with the control positions on shot. No talking, no widdling etc etc.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    I presume you mean you'd like the changes at 220 so that you can work on your solo, otherwise that'd just be me trying to inflate my own ego ;-).

I kind of get the idea behind the basic tone reference thing, but why open C# if you don't mind me asking?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33809
    edited March 2016
    Evo said:
    I presume you mean you'd like the changes at 220 so that you can work on your solo, otherwise that'd just be me trying to inflate my own ego ;-).

No, I just want to see if you can do it faster than I can.
    Ok, so some speedy jazz is on the list :-)
    Evo;1015356" said:

I kind of get the idea behind the basic tone reference thing, but why open C# if you don't mind me asking?
    Because my bands main tuning is drop c# :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Evo;1015356" said:

Because my bands main tuning is drop c# :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • vizviz Frets: 10708
    Some tunes in hungarian minor modes please.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Those I can do Viz!

I'm not sure being in drop C# would add anything to the video, you could get the same sense of the tone if I were in drop D, standard or open G. But I like the general idea, it's something ill incorporate if I talk about gear
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    "HOW TO" is always interesting, sometimes people just ramble on slowly about stuff, so after about 2 minutes Im fed up.

That said, I just got a Kemper, and whilst there are quite a few vids out there, I can never seem to find the things I need to know.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    I'm actually considering a kemper at the moment. If I can get the cash together then I'll definitely be doing a "tinker guide" to that one. I remember the headache I had with my axe fx 2!
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2980
    I would like to hear one of your musical compositions, perhaps playing along with some rhythm tracks you have put together. What doesn't interest me is gear demo, blues licks etc. I want to see / hear what people use all this equipment for.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    when demo'ing guitars pinch harmonics on a variety of fret positions.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    i'd really like to see less of any of it, the internet is flooded with this.

Whatever you do, do it exceptionally well, as the internet is flooded with mediocre content
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Exactly why I'm asking Darcym.
    The Internet is flooded with incorrect information, bad advice and repetition. However, I can't help but think that your attitude is a little pessimistic by saying you want less of everything. I have learnt a lot from YouTube lessons, both general techniques and also quickly picking up covers for function band gigs (some of these especially from those "mediocre" uploaders). So I figured I'd see what people want, and it's worked really well so far. Thanks everyone! I'm working on some ideas as we speak
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    it's not being pessimistic - it's being honest, I personally don't want more youtube lessons, more youtube theory, more youtube generic demo of product.

However thats why I said, whatever you do, to it exceptionally well as the only way myself or others like myself will watch/change my view is if there is another credible video being made, but what do I want to see more of "nothing" I'm quite happy with the sources I have and would rather there was less people just re-hashing it, I don't mind being surprised though and stumbling across something new/better, but thats the point, it's nothing I want, I need to stumble across it and replace/augment something I already have.
  • Dreadlocks, catchphrases borrowed from 80's TV programme "Bread" and no idea how to get a useable clean sound please.