PPG?

What's Hot
hi everyone, what does the abbreiviation PPG mean please in relation to postage?.....Cheers....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PayPal Gift.

It is a transaction type whereby no fee is taken by PayPal, meaning the seller gets more money in their pocket. However it means as a buyer you forfeit your PayPal protection. It is intended to be used to send money between friends/family really.

If you use gift you have no PayPal protection. If the seller will accept PayPal but wants a certain cleared amount you can use this calculator to work out what you need to send - http://www.clothnappytree.com/ppcalculator/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • many thanks for that...I couldn't figure it out....I thought it was Postage Paid G?...or something....Cheers,
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27739
    Take a read of this thread before using PPG.  

It's generally OK to use, but you need to be aware of the potential pitfalls too.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thanks will look
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28836
    Also used to afford the seller some protection, otherwise it is possible (if the seller doesn't use a tracked delivery service) for the buyer to send payment, receive the item and then tell Paypal it never arrived.

Whether or not you use it is down to the level of trust on each side. If a buyer I didn't know wanted to use "normal" Paypal and wanted cheap untracked shipping I'd say no.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom