BFD Horsepower

What's Hot
So I can finally talk about what I've been working on for the past year! BFD Horsepower. An expansion pack aimed at dirty gritty Americana alt-country type stuff.

https://www.fxpansion.com/products/bfdx/bfdexpansions/bfdhorsepower/

Check it out!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sounds great dude!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Sounds good and tempting..... 
  • Only listened on my phone so far but I like it. Congrats
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297

this is gutting I wish you'd announced this was in the works rather than waiting for it to be done - this sort of kit was one of the reasons I went with toontrack over BFD, I really liked the BFD modern retro kit and the London, but the rest where a bit to rock sounding, and superior was offering the custom vintage and new York packs along with a few ez packs like the Americana and blues kits at great prices, if I'd have known this was coming I may well have hung out, as BDF has been around for too long to not be taken seriously.

Who knows I may still buy it as it sounds great, maybe worth feeding back though of at least high level up and coming kits/sounds/products so that you can at least look at planning a purchase.

Sounds superb though.     

• BFD3 is 50% off at the minute I think. The stock shells soumd great IMO, I prefer them to the stock shells in S2.0 and SSD4. I don't have EZD2
    edited March 2016
    We can't announce stuff we're working on unfortunately, only when it's released. Same reasons you didn't know about the Line 6 Helix a year before it was announced! ;)

What I can tell you is this - myself and Mike (the other guy who records, edits, and produces these packs with me) have a LOT of ideas and we're not planning on stopping any time soon.
    I didn't know you where actually responsible for the production of these kits, I thought you worked in the software and customer side of the business, I'd love to see a thread where you talk about (as much as aloud) the recording of the kits.
    darcym said:
    I didn't know you where actually responsible for the production of these kits, I thought you worked in the software and customer side of the business, I'd love to see a thread where you talk about (as much as aloud) the recording of the kits.
    We both selected the drums, skinned and tuned the drums, mic'd the drums, recorded the drums, edited and mixed the recordings, created the actual kitpieces that you end up with in the final package, recorded the audio *and* video for the promotional video though we didn't edit it, and finally we did the bulk of the audio demos.

Wow. A lot of work goes into these packs! Seems kind of surreal when you write it up like that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7963
    edited March 2016
    Did you do the demo recording for follow that horse?  The playing on that is great, especially the acoustic.  Really liking the demos.
    Did you do the demo recording for follow that horse?  The playing on that is great, especially the acoustic.  Really liking the demos.
    Nah that was another chap. I did Black Coffee Blues, Blue Sky Redemption, and Black Tar Rock n Roll.
    You should talk about this more, it's interesting to read