SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Excelsior Combo Amp *Sold*

JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
edited April 2016 in Amps £
Purchased this approx 18 months ago from the original owner who had carried out a number of modifications which include -
Upgraded transformers
Upgraded speaker to Eminence 1518
Added tone pot
Added tremolo foot-switch socket
Added Stand By switch

All work was carried out to a very high standard and has made the amp very loud. So loud that to make it useable at home I installed a 12AU7 into V1.

The upgraded Output Transformer is much larger than the stock version and necessitated the removal of the power valve cage and also the re-siting of the speaker output socket to the front of the facia (a much more sensible location).

I'll include a 12AX7 and also a fitted cover and foot-switch (a cast metal Doktor Rok with a vintage vibe to match the amp).

The amp itself is in very good condition, it's never been gigged and apart from minor scuffs to the Tolex at the front it looks as new.

£240.00 assuming PalPal gift otherwise add 3.6%.

Shipping is a possibility as I have an amp shipping carton and it's such a beast of a thing I think it should be okay. I'll look at shipping quotes if anyone is interested. Otherwise collection from centre of Basingstoke (adj, to train station).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments