Incoming kit - colouring contentiousness

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited May 2016
    Thanks very much, I appreciate it, in fact have your very first fret on me, but the thing is I already have that, so I'd quite like the PRS-style thing to be summat else. The questions are what and how? :-?
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    i built a prs styleee thing from a kit 2 years ago. beware the un-veneered bit on the `horns` that you describe. i did mine in a very deep purple, and no matter how i tried those bits took the colour differently than the rest of the front. it turned an enjoyable build into a trial. took many stains, and rubdowns to get anywhere near the colour on the rest of the front. in the end i had to walk away as i was getting the thousand yard stare with it.couldn`t get a precise match, as a result it still bugs me now even though it`s sat in a case unplayed for the two years...
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    A darker burst would probably hide the mismatch
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    the same thought has occurred to me. funnily enough i had it out of the case today , and am considering having another go at it, strip it back, and start again. don`t know, maybe...