Cornish SS3

What's Hot
I've had my Pete Cornish SS3 three years today, and in the last three years haven't bought a single other overdrive pedal. Now that could be for one of two reasons,

a) the bloody thing was that expensive I've not been able to...

or

b) The thing is utterly fantastic.

I'm not really sure which it is. 

That is all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd hope on 'b'.

How long was the wait, and how much did it cost btw?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I waited 8 months, and I recall it was £420ish , although slightly more expensive now. Ridiculous thing to say, but worth every penny, and considering the money I've not had to spend in the meantime, quite cost effective in the long run. 

I suppose I'll have to use the same rationale when I come to bite the bullet on a P2....
    :))
  • Had my SS2 for a couple of months, and I keep thinking I should sell it as it's a lot of cash in a pedal. And then I turn it on. And then I start measuring up for a new pedal board to find the bloody thing on. It's massive!

Best with low output pickups especially single coils, although I suspect the added EQ on the SS3 would help with buckers.
  • Guys, I've been on the list for quite a few months now...

Fickle as I am, I've never played one !

Are the SS2/3 really that good ? And, why ?

• That's about the strength of it Hayden.

I set the Lo-cut fully clockwise, and have the Hi-cut at 11 o'clock, sustain fully clockwise, volume to taste, through a Matchless with the Murphy (sounds like Cluedo...). Apart from my playing, I don't think I can improve on the sound. Of course other people could have other sounds in their head, this pretty much matches what I have in mine. 
  • Guys, I've been on the list for quite a few months now...

Fickle as I am, I've never played one !

Are the SS2/3 really that good ? And, why ?

Warren, Yes they are to the first part, and don't really know how to describe the sound to answer the second....I think with the Carr you've just acquired, all will become clear.  :))
  • Best way I can describe is it's like someone's been in your amp and upped the gain and made it sound better even when the effect is off (due to the buffer).

I only wish mine was battery free though!

The CC-1 is apparently awesome. A friend of mine has just about everything Pete has made and I've told him under no circumstances is he to bring it anywhere near me.

• I waited 8 months, and I recall it was £420ish , although slightly more expensive now. Ridiculous thing to say, but worth every penny, and considering the money I've not had to spend in the meantime, quite cost effective in the long run. 

I suppose I'll have to use the same rationale when I come to bite the bullet on a P2....
    These pedals are just another level, fair play. It sounds worth the investment though. My pedal board is about 2 grand, but I need flexibility of a lot on it.