Thinking of selling my bass - value?

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7501
edited December 2013 in Bass
It's a USA made musicman sub sterling 4 stringer.

It has 22 frets (sterling) and a single humbucker pickup and 3 band active eq.

Needless to say, it sounds the absolute balls, but I hardly play it and it seems a shame...

It's blue textured and has the most wonderful neck. I've loved mm necks for basses forever, so that figures...

Moved to bass!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There appears to be one of the same model on sale on basschat for £375, but I may be confused. I can never work out which model is which with these. Either way, basschat may be a good place to ask! 
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7501
    edited December 2013
    Cheers mate, I've listed it at 400 or offers for now, which is pretty great value imo but that doesn't necessarily determine market value...

I'm not a member on basschat and it'll look really bad if my first (and probably last) posts are a for sale thread! Maybe I'll make a post pointing them here so they know I have a half decent trading rep.

Just looked, that one is a new indonesian one. Similar, but not a made in USA one.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72774
    Don't sell it. (Or not unless you really need the money anyway.) It's too good a bass relative to the money you'll get for it, and you should just play it more :). Playing bass is good for your guitar playing as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM;111748" said:
    Don't sell it. (Or not unless you really need the money anyway.) It's too good a bass relative to the money you'll get for it, and you should just play it more :). Playing bass is good for your guitar playing as well.
    Yeah, I'm starting to think that after hashing out skinny sweaty man last night...

I don't desperately need cash. Maybe one day it'll be a collectors piece :p
  • Cheers mate, I've listed it at 400 or offers for now, which is pretty great value imo but that doesn't necessarily determine market value...

I'm not a member on basschat and it'll look really bad if my first (and probably last) posts are a for sale thread! Maybe I'll make a post pointing them here so they know I have a half decent trading rep.

Just looked, that one is a new indonesian one. Similar, but not a made in USA one.
    It was this one I was looking at:

..but then I realised it says SB14 and not Sub. I have no idea what the difference is!!!
  • One is indonesian and newer, one is USA made :) I've withdrawn it, it's way too good for the money it's worth.