Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery Pack as power supply?

What's Hot
ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
Hi all :)

Has any of you successfully used a Li-Ion rechargeable battery pack to power a few pedals?
Something similar to this one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Never used one, but there are guitar specific ones: 

There was an Eneloop one too, dunno if it ever made it over here.
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, Chrispy, I did know about the guitar specific ones but they are almost 4 times the price of the one on ebay.  :-S 
  • MaxiMaxi Frets: 13

They should work a treat , you might have to make a reversed polarity dc to dc  lead depending on out put of it and daisy chain from there... thats pretty basic work and could save a few quid . You can use pretty much any type of rechargeable pack as long as it doesnt fall in voltage all that quick . I was thinking of using a 12v lead Acid pack at one point . Its a good way for insuring silent power supply IMO without worrying about one of your numerous 9v batteries going flat . The other benefit is that a nice sized battery pack can handle more current draw vs power supply . A motorcycle 12v battery would easily last all day .

Flown the nest .
  • I've thought about doing this a few times - there are some decent-looking 3900mAh solar-rechargeable packs for digital gear that support 9V, and they're usually on the order of £20. Certainly a damn sight cheaper than the Volto, and they're slim enough that they should fit under most boards.
    <space for hire>
  • Thanks, guys, I might get one after xmas. :)
  • digitalscream;108344" said:
    I've thought about doing this a few times - there are some decent-looking 3900mAh solar-rechargeable packs for digital gear that support 9V, and they're usually on the order of £20. Certainly a damn sight cheaper than the Volto, and they're slim enough that they should fit under most boards.
    Hmmm, interesting thought.

Potentially green, too, depending on the manufacturing process (not familiar with it). Which, to me, is nice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited December 2013
    I've thought about doing this a few times - there are some decent-looking 3900mAh solar-rechargeable packs for digital gear that support 9V, and they're usually on the order of £20.
    Linky? :)
  • Likey linky tooy   :D

• RockerRocker Frets: 5012
    edited December 2013
    Recently I bought a replacement 12 volt Lithium battery for my golf trolley.  The old lead acid battery is now available and I hope to try it out [on my pedalboard] sometime over the Christmas period.  I wonder if Russ Andrews has a suitable cable for the job... :))
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum