New pedal build - Fuzzdog Gristleizer

What's Hot
WezVWezV Frets: 16990
edited April 2016 in Making & Modding
Decided to treat myself to a new pedal kit last week - my first fuzzdog kit, and a new one to their shop

I had an issue with the instructions/components so emailed late on a Saturday night. There was one tiny error which threw me out completely - it is a new kit afterall. I got a response and updated instructions on the sunday, a few replacement parts were sent out to me Monday - Great service!!

anyway, whilst sorting all that I started finishing the box.  I used up some  left over rattlecans on this.  I am calling yhe finish shitty beach crossfade.  Still need to decide on labels for it though

I will have attempt number 2 at the circuit board in the next few days

should be fun when done :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Love the finish on your enclosure Wez.
  • tabbycattabbycat Frets: 341
    edited April 2016
    congrats on your build. how does it sound compared to the demos of originals online? 'shitty beach crossfade' sounds like a creation band from 1992. not sure how well that big black knob fits in with the scheme but otherwsie it looks grand.

i got my pcb the release week and hoping to do something with it as soon as my health picks up. alas far too close to blacking out most days atm to trust myself with a hot iron. but definitely looking forward to being able to have it in my effects arsenal. there have been a few buggy and problematic veros floating around for years so been hanging on for a reliable pcb.

btw what is the problem with the board or instructions? probably have a dozen fuzzdog builds and never had a problem to date.
    "be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h.lawrence).
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16990
    edited April 2016
    The black knob will change to something more interesting as soon as I have chance to go through the parts drawers.

Not finished the new PCB yet.

The issue was solved so quick its hardly worth mentioning. Other Tha an example of good speedy customer service. The Instructions listed resistors R1-R27. The board had no R14, but an R28. So R14 in the instructions became R15 on the board etc... I assumed I was going blind so continued to populate the board, meaning everything after R14 was in the wrong place. They changed the numbering in the instructions so you will now not see an R14.
    Did you ever finish this @WezV?  I loved the enclosure and would like to see some of the finished shots
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16990
    I ran into issues and put it to one side... Will try again at some point.

I once had similar issues with a trem pedal. Put it aside and forgot about it for 4 years. I picked it up the other week and immediately noticed my error :)

I did that a few weeks ago when I finished a Honey Bee clone on vero then couldn't get any sound out of it. I checked my cuts, links component positions, looked for solder bridges, the orientation of the transistor and made sure there were no ground problems before putting it aside in frustration.

The next night I realised immediately I had forgotten to put an IC in the socket :-S
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom