Breaking Bad - CONTAINS SPOILERS.... maybe.

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11692
    tFB Trader
    Was thoroughly enjoyable.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    Best Thing I ever watched, Loved it! Bitch!
  • I've given up on American horror fail so breaking bad is next on my list.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10371
    DiscoStu said:
    Really looking forward to Better Call Saul.
    I didn't take to Saul when he first entered the show but he ended up growing into one of the best characters in it.
    Other favourites where Gus who managed to make mild manners so menacing,Mike and his nochelence,and the brilliantly over the top Tuco Salamanca.

The most shocking part of the whole show to me was Hanks demise.Very hard hitting but there really was no way he was getting out of that situation alive.

All in all a fantastic show with great performances all round.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1485
    I've yet to find the time to watch The Wire, so until I can form an opinion of that, Breaking Bad was and is the best TV series I've ever seen. 

I would say Band of Brothers is on par, but it was only a one-series special, so it kind of doesn't count the same. 

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4213
    DiscoStu said:
    Really looking forward to Better Call Saul.
    I didn't take to Saul when he first entered the show but he ended up growing into one of the best characters in it.
    Other favourites where Gus who managed to make mild manners so menacing,Mike and his nochelence,and the brilliantly over the top Tuco Salamanca.

The most shocking part of the whole show to me was Hanks demise.Very hard hitting but there really was no way he was getting out of that situation alive.

All in all a fantastic show with great performances all round.
    I was genuinely angry for a couple of days that they killed him off and that he couldn't live, and then I realised how brilliant the transformation had been for Walt. We start sympathising for him and trying to agree with his decisions, and we/I ended up truly hating the path he'd created. Even the very end didn't redeem his character for me, but what a great show!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10506

For people who watched it and liked it also check out :

The Sopranos
    The Wire
    The Shield (Vic Mackey one ) 
    Boardwalk Empire

And if you don't mind subtitles

The (Danish) Killing
    Engrenages (French) 

Some good shit right there 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1485
    Danny1969 said:

For people who watched it and liked it also check out :

The Sopranos
    The Wire
    The Shield (Vic Mackey one ) 
    Boardwalk Empire

And if you don't mind subtitles

The (Danish) Killing
    Engrenages (French) 

Yes! I still need to see the last series, but this was an epic series. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3074
    Danny1969 said:

Engrenages (French) 

Yes!!! Someone else who's seen Spiral/Engrenages!

Worth watching for Audrey Fleurot alone but a properly gritty cop/crime series.  Love it.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6406
    edited July 2014
    Utopia Season2 is underway - really good stuff -  Ep2 managed to weave in 3-Mile Island and Airey Neave's assassination.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Utopia is the shit.Really loved the flashback episode.

Totally bonkers but with some great dialogue especially Becky who comes out with some excellenty sweary lines.

RB also has got to be one of the best characters ever created.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15757
    I came late to the utopia party, but am getting seriously chubby for it. Really quirky and off the wall. Love RB and the guy in the yellow suit, they kinda remind me of the baddies in neverwhere; vandemar and croup. Don't watch a huge amount of TV, so can't speak definitively but gotta be one of the best british dramas for a long while.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1767
    Necro bump.

I am just about to go ish watching the show for the 2nd time. 3 episodes left and I must say that I am rediscovering it. 
    Aaron Paul's performance is fantastic. As is Cranston's - transformation of characters over the few seasons span is amazing. 

And Saul
    ...And Mike...

How fucking good is that show!? 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33893
    Necro bump.

I am just about to go ish watching the show for the 2nd time. 3 episodes left and I must say that I am rediscovering it. 
    Aaron Paul's performance is fantastic. As is Cranston's - transformation of characters over the few seasons span is amazing. 

And Saul
    ...And Mike...

Fucking good.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4356
    I never watched the final series. I really enjoyed the first four. But I read the episode guide on the BB Wiki, and thought the final series sounded a bit shit, so I didn't bother. 

I've always planned to go back and watch them again with my wife. I guess I'll end up seeing it then. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    octatonic said:
    Necro bump.

And Saul
    ...And Mike...

Fucking good.
    really fucking good. think I might have to rewatch it myself.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

CHRISB50 said:
    I never watched the final series. I really enjoyed the first four. But I read the episode guide on the BB Wiki, and thought the final series sounded a bit shit, so I didn't bother. 

I've always planned to go back and watch them again with my wife. I guess I'll end up seeing it then. 
    Not true buddy.

It starts off a little different but definitely worth a watch. 
    I find that with good tv shows final season can often be a problem  - screenwriters not sure how to wrap up all the threads, characters taking eerie paths - like HBO's Deadwood for instance. Not BB. 
    On the other hand - if you watched first 4 seasons and after just reading some stuff on wiki you didn't feel like watching it then maybe you weren't hooked up enough on it.

Just watched it through again and its every bit as good as I remembered it to be.Enough time has passed that I didn't remember the whole plot so I was still watching with anticipation. Justc as great show,its hard to see how it cs be eclipsed.

Just watched it through again and its every bit as good as I remembered it to be.Enough time has passed that I didn't remember the whole plot so I was still watching with anticipation. Justc as great show,its hard to see how it cs be eclipsed.
    Some other good shows there - most of HBO's productions are top notch - Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire...
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 264
    I'm on my third time through, for me its definitely the best tv series of all time, and everytime i watch it i notice new things that i missed the time before.
    I'm up to date with Better call Saul, it's ok but i'm not really that excited by it - Seems to be a bit of a plodder.