SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Friedman Dirty Shirley 40w Head

What's Hot
Hi, like it says really, looking for one of these to replace the BE100 I sold.

Not looking for a combo, just the head version.

If you've got one, hit me up :-)

Thanks!
Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• iain_psbiain_psb Frets: 79
    A tasty choice. If I could have justified the volume I would have had one but I got the mini. I was offered one through guitar guitar second hand so maybes give them a call? Good luck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @iain_psb doesn't seem to be on the website but I'll give them a shout...think shops will probably be too expensive for my budget but appreciate the heads up.
    It's on there now mate. £1695. Not bad really. Be warned, it is loud!!!
  • Hi @iain_psb at least £200 too rich for my blood I'm afraid but thanks again for the heads up.

Loud I can cope with :-)
  • Probably best to put your budget in the title :-)
  • FreddieVanHalenFreddieVanHalen Frets: 956
    edited April 2016
    Probably best to put your budget in the title :-)
    Well the budget is now implied in the thread and if someone can't be arsed to read it I guess they won't be arsed to sell one to me either :-)

The budget will also depend on at least four or five other factors including 1. where the item is 2. what condition it's in 3. if Friedman have released another ten signature models in the time it takes me to find one or 4. whether they make some other juju updates and devalue one of the older versions or 5. whether it's from a dealer I'd actually consider buying from rather than GG which took the opportunity to give me piss poor service every time I ever dealt with them....but that's another story.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to iain giving me the heads up...it was so very nearly a good call...
    Funnily enough I was informed that they will be releasing a new version with the three way gain switch (like the mini Shirley) at some point this year. Prices are likely to go up though due to the weakness of the pound. Not that it'll impact the second hand market though, it's almost impossible to sell anything at the minute!
  • guitarmanessex89guitarmanessex89 Frets: 183
    edited May 2016
    Fair enough really. Sorry if I came off a bit grumpy. I probably was :-P

Good luck finding one. I went to guitar guitar in Epsom yesterday to try one out. None in stock, so ended up trying a BE100 and a 20th Ann Shiva. Surprisingly liked the Shiva a great deal more. Much warmer and more responsive. I realise the DS is a different beast entirely, though. Very underwhelmed with the BE. Not saying it's a bad amp, but all the hype at the minute would have you believe it's some sort of holy grail.
    FreddieVanHalen;1051365" said:
    guitarmanessex89 said:

Probably best to put your budget in the title :-)

Well the budget is now implied in the thread and if someone can't be arsed to read it I guess they won't be arsed to sell one to me either :-)

The budget will also depend on at least four or five other factors including 1. where the item is 2. what condition it's in 3. if Friedman have released another ten signature models in the time it takes me to find one or 4. whether they make some other juju updates and devalue one of the older versions or 5. whether it's from a dealer I'd actually consider buying from rather than GG which took the opportunity to give me piss poor service every time I ever dealt with them....but that's another story.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to iain giving me the heads up...it was so very nearly a good call...
  • @guitarmanessex89 no worries, appreciate your thoughts on the Bogners vs. Friedman.

It's great to have so much choice, all better than the solid state no-brand practice amp that I started out with!

I'm also a fan of the Bogners. Loved the BE that I had too but didn't need the high gain side of it nor the channel switching so thought I'd downsize to the DS...one will come along eventually...I just don't want to overpay for one given early models are being discounted now and I wasn't too worried about having the latest and greatest....

I'll pay a fair price but it's getting a bit frustrating to have to sell stuff for low prices (in order to get it to sell at all) but then having my own offers (in the same % of new price ballpark) getting knocked back by sellers. Not looking to profit or be a dealer, but also trying to avoid always getting stuffed on deals :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I totally get that. It's hard to sell stuff at the moment too!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you do pick one up :-) I'm still sorely tempted myself, but now less inclined to buy without trying one after playing the BE.