SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Trades - PRS Archon 50 watt Combo - like new. (or £1100 cash)

Listing on behalf of my friend, a clean, tidy and nearly new PRS Archon 50 watt combo

He's more into trades than cash, so what have you got? Photos appreciated.

I played this at a practice session and it was huge, cleans have enormous headroom, the Gain goes from a powerful crunch right up to screaming high-gain.

imageimage

Blurb from PRS

The Archon 50 continues the Archon’s promise of delivering full, lush gain while offering a clean channel that players of all genres will appreciate. With 50 watts, switchable to 25 via the amp’s back panel, the Archon 50 breaks up at a lower volume, resulting in a more classically driven tone than its predecessor.

The added option of 6L6 or EL34 power tubes allows players to further personalize the tone and feel of the Archon 50. 6L6 tubes offer plenty of versatility and warmer, more balanced tone across the full range of frequencies. They will also push with less saturation for a bit of a sweeter, smoother tone. EL34 tubes offer focused, tight, punchy gain. They run a little hotter, distort earlier, and deliver a wider range of overdriven, crunch tones that are great for rock distortion.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    What sort of trades are you looking at?
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited April 2016
    I never understanf this whole'listing for a friend' thing. Can he not access the internet?(might be cos i dont have any?)

• ....I've got a mate who is a drummer, and computer illiterate, he asked me to sell a kit for him on EBay, which I did....I can't see the problem with helping a friend out if that's how it is....if the poster is actually the seller and pretending to have a friend then that would cause him some difficulties at the time of sale as he would have to become himself.....just my thoughts.....
  • bluebuddhabluebuddha Frets: 52
    edited May 2016
    Pretty open minded to see what is on offer mate
    krameree said:
    What sort of trades are you looking at?

Friends help friends? It doesn't seem unusual to me. He doesn't use forums much, I do. He listed it on various Facebook groups
    I never understanf this whole'listing for a friend' thing. Can he not access the internet?(might be cos i dont have any?)

If it was mine I would be keeping it :)
    ....I've got a mate who is a drummer, and computer illiterate, he asked me to sell a kit for him on EBay, which I did....I can't see the problem with helping a friend out if that's how it is....if the poster is actually the seller and pretending to have a friend then that would cause him some difficulties at the time of sale as he would have to become himself.....just my thoughts.....

He's listed it on Ebay now, £950 price drop