SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Early 70s Matamp White W100. SOLD

What's Hot
sparks18190sparks18190 Frets: 4
edited December 2016 in Amps £
Up for sale I have my incredible early 70s Matamp White W100, made in the Sunderland factory.

Absolute monster of an amp head, utilising the same circuit as a Matamp GT120, but this one has had a master volume fitted on the back at some point in it's life. The tech who restored it says it doesn't affect the original tone, it was a well done mod. 

Has been fully rebuilt and restored, including full re-cap, new tube sockets etc. The chassis has been sanded and re-coated. I have an entire photo album of the restoration for anyone interested.

Will be shipped with the original power valves, and the preamp valves that were in it when i got it, but can't confirm if original or not. They aren't really suitable if you want to use the amp a lot (they're obviously fairly old now). Will need power valves and one pre valve, then a bias and she should last you another 40 years if looked after. 

When I bought it, the chassis was fairly corroded, as you may expect from an early 70s amp. The Tube sockets were knackered, the chassis was dirty and there had been a few badly done repairs, but it is now in fully working and as close to a new condition as she can be.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments