SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Tone King Metropolitan/Imperial MK2

eric_eric_ Frets: 4
edited May 2016 in Amps £
Just looking to see if anyone on here has one they'd consider letting go? I'd also maybe consider a Sky King but I think the Metropolitan is more what I'm looking for.

*Would also consider an Imperial MK2. Updated ad title to reflect this.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31258
    Eric

I have an Imperial HW 20th Anni if that tickles yr fancy

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• eric_eric_ Frets: 4
    edited April 2016
    I'm not too sure to be honest. I think it covers the type of sounds I'm looking for but I'm not sure about the amount of clean headroom when playing live. Have you gigged with it yourself? Also did you find you could match the lead channel volume with the rhythm channel volume easily with the attenuator?
    From what I've read the headroom won't be a major issue for me but I'm still not sure about matching the levels between the two channels. I know this was addressed with the MK2 but I'm not sure if the 20th anniversary will work for me. Thanks anyway - appreciate the offer.
    Bump!
    Bump!
  • WillEdmundsWillEdmunds Frets: 168
    There's a Metro head on Evil Bay!
  • robbierobbie Frets: 16
    Not mine, but theres a metropolitan head and cab on gumtree, £1600 and southampton based if still interested
    robbie said:
    Not mine, but theres a metropolitan head and cab on gumtree, £1600 and southampton based if still interested
    Thanks for the heads up - actually managed to pick one up already. Cheers anyway!
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    eric_ said:
    robbie said:
    Thanks for the heads up - actually managed to pick one up already. Cheers anyway!
    @eric is that the Metro you just mentioned to me that you are thinking of parting with? Already?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    eric_ said:
    robbie said:
    @eric is that the Metro you just mentioned to me that you are thinking of parting with? Already?
    That's the one. Basically I've realised a two channel amp isn't enough for me. My other amp is a H&K Triamp which is a 6 channel head. My cover band cover a whole range of stuff and I like to have different sounds and levels of gain immediately accessible to me (i.e. footswitch-able). I'm not one to use the volume knob on the guitar to go from dirty to clean and turns out I much prefer the sound of gain from an amp than from pedals. So from a gigging perspective the Tone King (or any other two channel amp most likely) just isn't the right fit at the moment. An expensive lesson to learn but at least now I know.

Don't get me wrong, the Metropolitan sounds terrific. And comparing the Triamp's clean, early breakup and overdrive sounds to those of the Metropolitan, I prefer the Metropolitan. However the Triamp also covers more high gain sounds, has an effects loop, and crucially, allows me to footswitch between many different sounds.

I'm not dead set on selling but at the same I bought it with the intention of possibly replacing the Triamp so financially I can't really justify keeping both.