SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1996 British Vox AC15TBX - Fantastic condition - £760

teamjimteamjim Frets: 31
edited May 2016 in Amps £
Selling my beloved Vox AC15TBX (Made in UK), blue celestion speaker. Comes with padded cover (worth £35), original footswitch (still wrapped) and manual. This amp is in really good condition. It would be in great condition for an amp that was 2 years old let alone 20 years old! A couple of tiny tiny nicks on the tolex, thats it. It has never broken or needed to be repaired, never blown a valve or even a fuse (Rectifier and power tubes recently replaced with JJ's as normal maintenance). The pots aren't scratchy or anything like that, no weird hums. It's the most reliable Vox I've ever had (out of 6). These amps are pretty rare, especially with the 1x12 blue speaker and in this condition with manual and footswitch, The british ones still sound better than any of the newer ones (even the handwired) in my opinion!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• golockygolocky Frets: 1
    One of my favourite amps. Wish I was in the market. Someone buy my orange!
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    I have one of these, also from 1996, but mine is a 2x10. Always wanted to see how it sounded with a Blue (or the 10" equivalents). Definitely sounds more classic Voxy than the new ones, which seem to overdrive above 2-3 on the volume dial. Great amp, GLWTS.
  • smogfallssmogfalls Frets: 148
    this listing really proves the power of great photos!... I'm not even in the market for a Vox, but those gorgeous photo's are making me seriously consider selling a few things to raise the funds!

Also, just wanted to say that @teamjim is a great seller... I recently bought a pedal off him and couldn't be happier!

Cheers and good luck with the sale!

Alex :)

My Youtube Channel - Vintage Jazz, Blues & Country lessons;

https://youtube.com/@alexfarranguitar

https://instagram.com/alexfarranguitar
  • teamjimteamjim Frets: 31
    Bump x
  • teamjimteamjim Frets: 31
    edited May 2016
    This amp is currently being sold to some chap in Spain on eBay for £760 (after fees), I'd rather not post to Spain, and the listing didn't state I would, so I have very right to cancel, but it's the best I got, so last chance to make an offer lol