SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1976 Marshall JMP Lead and Bass 50 2x12 Combo - Plexi-ish! Master Volume added

woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
edited May 2016 in Amps £
Hi all,

Tentatively up for sale is my Lead and Bass 50 combo, the model used by Paul Weller. These were only ever available as mail order, so are pretty rare! Whilst it sounds astonishingly good, I find myself using my JMP head a lot more, and I have a '69 JMP chassis that I would like to get rebuilt, so something has to go.

The amp is in remarkably good condition, and has just been serviced and revalved by Howard at Mac Amplification in Leeds. 
It has the original Black Back 25 Watt Celestions in it, and has also had a master volume added (in one of the speaker out sockets, so no drilling into the chassis), which makes it incredibly usable at all levels. 
This amp features the 50 watt lead circuit, as well as the bass circuit for 'channel' 2, which gives an awesome array of tones. Everything from Hendrix and Free is in there, all the way to Thin Lizzy and even higher gain Van Halen-ish tones too with it cranked!

Unfortunately, the mains transformer has been replaced, but other than that and the master volume, everything to my knowledge is original, barring a few cap changes over the years, I imagine. Apologies for the lack of gut shots - I'll get some over the weekend.

Looking for £995 ONO. I'm based in Leeds/Huddersfield, but do travel around a fair bit so if you're not local then just ask!

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    HOLY MOLY.

Black backs too!

@Gassage: give your Weller loving pal a heads up on this one mate...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 775
    Fabulous amps, great seller too.

I have one of these as well and wouldn't part. Well, not true. I DID part with it in a recent deal then bought it back days later....and I'm supposed to be out of this game.

Best of luck with the sale Mr Woody.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
    Cheers chaps! I'm having the feeling that I'll miss this one quite a lot.. hmmm..
    Now sold!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    @woody_89

I know. I sent James 'The CowboyMod' Salter your way, as prompted above by @miserneil

I live to give...so 10% of 995....is...??

;)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Haha! Nice one @Gassage ! Much appreciated. The cheque's in the post..
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    Good man.

Do you swallow?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.