SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Rift PB16 1x12 combo (Princeton Brown) OFF SALE

What's Hot
dean111musicdean111music Frets: 281
edited May 2016 in Amps £

Hello

Im looking to sell my Rift PB16 1x12 with blackface cosmetics. 

It has the full TMB tonestack, Reverb, Tremelo all tube hardwired in the uk. 

It has the fender tilt back legs, cover all included.

I can either sell it with the Jenson pq12 speaker = £900
or celestion gold £1000

This did cost me £1350 with the jenson. Gold an extra £200

Let me know if you have any questions

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1244
    I guess that's a Jensen P12Q. What the reason for sale? I was always interested to hear one of these, but they never got round to making demos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carl999popcarl999pop Frets: 48
    Just curious about the difference in tone between the two speakers?
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    tFB Trader
    Oooh it's a good one this, one of my favourites.

If anybody is interested I'd recommend the Gold over the Jensen
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 424
    Gold sounds great in these...

No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 281
    Damn! 

Tonights gig has made me re think..... i do apologise to those who where interested! 

Chris over at Rift Amps has been so helpful and very very patient with me. I first got in touch as my main aim was to get an amp that i can use to gig where i wouldn't need pedals, it had to be portable and to have reverb. Tremelo was a bonus. I wanted a amp where i could really use controls on the guitar to get any sound. 

To cut along story short Chris recommended and built my PB16, I was very happy and it did everything he said but I wanted more control on the EQ so i sent it back and he gave me a TMB which gives the amp more headroom and more control.

When I got it back I though it gave the amp too much headroom and i couldn't get much gain out of it.... I was wrong tonight! 

I was playing full band I was able to get the amp up to volume 7! Lots of gain on tap and cleaned up beautifully. 

I have ordered a weber dt12 speaker which is more efficient than the gold. I should be able to play completely wide open and control the lot but volume control.

After tonight this is defiantly a keeper. I was very quick to think i would sell it and Chris was more than happy to change it back. I would say to anyone who was interested in the amp is to get one! 

It does tick all the boxes for me. I play lots of styles and i was digging the amp tonight. The princeton brown circuit is very touch responsive, has a blackface meets tweed tone and when you can crank the volume it really opens up. 

I may wrote a review when i get the weber speaker too and go into detail my experiences. But please ask any questions you may have or speak to Chris!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • smogfallssmogfalls Frets: 148
    Hi mate, interesting to read your thoughts on the amp. I have to admit that I was tempted to contact you about this one myself, being a Princeton reverb fanatic! I think it's a wise choice to hold onto it though... Especially as it's a custom built amp.

I wondered if you could maybe elaborate on differences between this and the Princeton reverb tone wise?

Thanks dude,
    Alex :)
    My Youtube Channel - Vintage Jazz, Blues & Country lessons;

https://youtube.com/@alexfarranguitar

https://instagram.com/alexfarranguitar