Anyone out there fix wah pedals?

stedsted Frets: 259
Got a vox and cry baby both non working now ffs! Vox cuts out signal and cry baby is stuck in a cocked position sound wise, anyone would think I was heavy footed......
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    The Vox sounds as if it's just a broken connection. Have you had the bottom off it?

Is the Crybaby pedal actually turning the armature of the potentiometer? Sorry, I for got the word for 'shaft' for a moment! Unless something has snapped inside the pot I don't know any other reason it should be producing a sound but not sweeping. But there again, I'm no expert.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Get in touch with stu Castledine of Castledine electronics. Top bloke! And full wah expert!
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    edited December 2013
    Cheers guys, @dogload I try not to mess with my guitar gear, it always ends up costing me more money! ;-)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72947
    The Vox is probably the switch, although it could also be a bad wiring connection.

With the Cry Baby, check that the gear rack hasn't come off the pinion - it sometimes does if the clip that presses on it comes loose.

If it has, be careful when you put it back together, you need to set the pot in a particular position - with the pedal fully down and the switch compressed as far as possible, the pot needs to be turned as far forward as it will go and then back one gear tooth. If not, you'll break the pot when it reaches the end of its travel before the pedal (with your weight on it!) does.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    sted said:
    Cheers guys, @dogload I try not to mess with my guitar gear, it always ends up costing me more money! ;-)
    Fair do's but at least there's not much you can really kill in a wah! Also there's plenty of room in there to see what's what.