SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: TORTUGA MARTINI ANALOG CHORUS

What's Hot
JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
edited February 2014 in FX £
SOLD: Subdecay Proteus, mint in box with manual.

£120 delivered.

SOLD: AMT SS11-A. Brilliant DI recording 3-channel tube pedal (two 12ax7s). Again, mint, with box and PSU.

£200 delivered.

Tortuga Martini. Fab analog chorus from the States. Near-mint. Am after £180 delivered but will now consider sensible offers since I have now bought something else and need some funds.

No trades thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John,

I've absolutely no idea what this is, haven't clicked on the links yet, BUT.... The name of it alone makes me want to buy it !!!

• slateslate Frets: 89
    Is this the 4,8 or 16 ohm model?
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    slate said:
    Is this the 4,8 or 16 ohm model?
    Sorry, fair point. it's the 8

Bump

• FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    edited December 2013
    Incredible value.   If I hadn't already got one I'd bite your hand off.  Why are you selling it ? 

For those of you who don't know what it is, you can either use as an attenuator and/or DI to the PA with either 1x12  Blue or 4x12 cab emulation. And you can change the impedance with a simple dummy load.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    Am I right in thinking maximum attenuation is 50% or am I misremembering something I heard?

^ no, it attenuates to total silence. Selling solely because I had it for a specific recording project I was into, now over. If I do another one I'll probably buy another

JohnPerry said:
    ^ no, it attenuates to total silence. Selling solely because I had it for a specific recording project I was into, now over. If I do another one I'll probably buy another
    Just re-read the spec. Minimum attenuation is 50%, right down to silence. If it was 16ohm I'd have it in a shot but all my cabs are 16 unfortunately.
  • D-u-h m m-y  l-o-a-d

D-u-h m m-y  l-o-a-d
    Yeah I could use my 16ohm Hotplate set to 'Load'
    ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    edited December 2013
    hywelg said:
    If it was 16ohm I'd have it in a shot but all my cabs are 16 unfortunately. 
    No problem - just set the *amp* to 8 ohms. The amp sees the attenuator as the load, not the speaker.

It would only be an issue if the amp doesn't have an 8-ohm setting.

I have a Motherload Elemental too, and although I also don't use it enough to really justify keeping it, it's really too good to sell. (Only clicked on this thread to find out how much they go for, out of idle curiosity.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    edited December 2013
    What I meant was you can actually put an additional 8ohm dummy load into the second amp input socket, that's what I do when I use my 4x12.  
    ICBM said:
    hywelg said:
    If it was 16ohm I'd have it in a shot but all my cabs are 16 unfortunately. 
    No problem - just set the *amp* to 8 ohms. The amp sees the attenuator as the load, not the speaker.

It would only be an issue if the amp doesn't have an 8-ohm setting.

I have a Motherload Elemental too, and although I also don't use it enough to really justify keeping it, it's really too good to sell. (Only clicked on this thread to find out how much they go for, out of idle curiosity.)

I'd hang on to mine were it not for the financial ruin brought on by christmas

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    JohnPerry said:
    I'd hang on to mine were it not for the financial ruin brought on by christmas
    Same here with my second Trem-o-verb… that and my car breaking down last week.

For anyone else reading this, the Motherload works spectacularly well with the Trem-o-verb, so if you want this GREAT AMP :), buy John's Motherload as well to go with it ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited, with some new stuff and pics

Motherload is sold

Bump

Please buy something