Pigtronix infinity looper

menamestommenamestom Frets: 4737

Has anybody got one of these? If so what do you think?

It all looks perfect for what I want, I'm just not sure about the 9 loop preset.
Does this mean that you get 2 loops (loop 1 and 2) for each loop preset?

I'm thinking if you used pre recorded drum loops for a set, you'd probably need more slots, unless I'm wrong and more can be stored per preset?

I was also looking at the boss RC30 but have reservations about the sound quality compared to the Infinity and also love the idea of the series mode with the infinity where you can split a song into verse chorus over 2 loops.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm not sure what your needs are but you might want to check the Boomerang III. ;)

• I've got GAS for that Pigtronix one as well. Looks great from the demos. I used the RC-20xl for years then didn't really do much looping live as I stopped played in a duo (where I used it a lot) and went back to standard pub rock bands. I've currently just got a TC Ditto for messing about with, but at some point in 2014 I'm aiming to get back into it seriously....so that'd mean shopping for a new looper.
  • The Boomerang one looks great, just a bit too expensive though and it doesn't seem to be able to store loops. Looks like the perfect live looper though. I've had some form of looper for years (headrush, flashback, zoom G3) but i've always been held back by their limitations so it's probably about time to buy one where you can just do what you want with respect to loop lengths and song structure.
  • Ehx do one I think.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I'm interested in the Infinity too. I'm looking for something that allows overdubbing of variable length loops and the ability to chain loops on the fly.

The Infinity seems to be the closest thing that would allow Elecric Counterpoint to be played live on a single guitar with no prerecorded loops, which has been my goal for the past year!