Looking for UK Les Paul kit

What's Hot
Hi all

I am contemplating building a kit guitar, looking for a Les Paul type with maple top - bolt on or set neck. I would preferably like one thats not been sealed or has binding already on as I want to do this as a learning project to rout the binding channel and finish it with either a dye or wudtone kit. Anyone have any good suggestions - budget up to £150
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited May 2016
    There's this which I turned into this -

I wrote this about my experiences with it.

Or there's this.

I haven't tried that one,  but I do have one of these, which I'm currently making a pig's ear of.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • thornlvthornlv Frets: 1
    Sorry not replied, work work work in the way.
    However, I have gone off the idea of a kit and taking the plunge to build from scratch - trouble is I cant seem to find any Gibson scale necks in the UK. Have looked at the likes of Warmoth, precision etc and having a custom neck made would cost in the region of £280 imported - 50 of that going to our robbing treasury - so my next question would be are there any UK people who would do something similar ? - I am planning 2 guitars away as I have already got a 'taster' project underway wher I am going to use a cheaper neck to start with, the 'nice' neck will be a future project based on a Flying V

cheers
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16978
    If you are going from scratch, surely you are making your own neck ;)

The serious answer is to ask GSP if he is doing any at the moment. I like making my own but I did have GSP make me a part made Gibson style neck to see if it could make me more productive. It still feels like cheating to me, but the wood quality and workmanship were top notch and it made a damn fine guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thornlvthornlv Frets: 1
    Don't feel quite up to making my own necks yet, I consider this the most important part so I would need to be confident in my skills to make one. Have just discovered Crimson guitars do neck builds to your specs so played with the online configurator and it would come to £195 for what I want - that seems more than ok for me. Anyone had experience with them ?

Sorry if this sound like a noob question - only just joined - but who is/are GSP and how do I contact them/him 
    =((