Wudtone - wishing you a tone friendly Merry Christmas

What's Hot
Hello,

Very quick update, 
American Standard – Wudtone CP Vintage Tremolo Conversion

A few months back we were asked if we could offer something to :
  • easily fit onto a two post trem guitar
  • deliver real vintage, dynamic and tone.
This led to the development of Wudtone's American Standard Conversion. It includes sleeved outer bearing screws, which pop straight into the existing shanks in the body to make fitting easy. 

As both two post and the Wudtone CP trem can offer excellent tuning stability, how does this conversion change the guitars dynamic, EQ and tone? You can hear exactly what difference the Wudtone CP bridge makes on this video.

Distributor News

Australia & SE Asia : The guys at Pitbull continue to build a fantastic community in Australia. Just check out the builds here. Congratulations to all builders down under and a very Merry Christmas to Adam and his team. 

USA : In addition to the guys at  BYOGUITAR  New Hampshire, we are pleased to welcome a second USA based distributor American Savage Guitars  in Austin Texas.

Europe : Great news for customers in Europe as we are pleased to welcome George Forester Guitars , now in operation as distributor for mainland Europe ( ex UK).

Are you looking forward to a tone friendly Merry Christmas, 2014?

We mentioned that John Bolin ( Bolin Guitars, luthier for Billy Gibbons & Keith Richards ) was fitting a Wudtone CP Bridge for one of his customers. Well a very tone friendly Christmas is coming for Jacob Peterson ( Steve Miller band). His new guitar (below) features a roasted maple neck, old brazilian board, Ron Ellis pups and super thin nitro 50's LP finish, as well as the Wudtone CP Bridge, neck plate & screws. This tone machine certainly looks ready to keep Jacob, rock'n me baby, on tour next year.

So from all at Wudtone. A huge thank you to fretboard members for your support in 2013.
Here's wishing you a tone friendly, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Merry Christmas to you too, Andy. :)
  • Merry Christmas, Andy!

Here is to me throwing all of my money at you next year :)
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2675

Just gone weak at the knees. Expect some money to be thrown your way in 2014.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    If this had a traditional bent-up-at-the-back base plate I would be all over it.

Andy, have you considered doing a version of you base plate like this?
  • dindude said:
    If this had a traditional bent-up-at-the-back base plate I would be all over it.

hv pm'd you
  • I was under the impression the steel is so hard, it cannot be bent.

Which is cool :)
  • andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited December 2013
    I was under the impression the steel is so hard, it cannot be bent.

Yes that is right. The CS75 H&T steel we use for the Wudtone CP plate, is so hard it cannot be bent. We would have to use a different base plate material.
  • andypwudtone;114609" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I was under the impression the steel is so hard, it cannot be bent.

Yes that is right. The CS75 H&T steel we use for the Wudtone CP plate, is so hard it cannot be bent. We would have to use a different base plate material.
    Nice.

I really like the look - it sounds daft, but it looks British, very purposeful and practical. No sharp edges, but smart lines.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:

@dindude check this out http://www.wudtone.com/shop/?wpsc-product=wudtone-cp-vintage-tremolo-bridge-plate