SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRS Modern Eagle 1 - £2800. sold

What's Hot
thetomskthetomsk Frets: 99
edited July 2016 in Guitars £
For sale PRS Modern Eagle 1 hardtail in abalone.

Spec includes, mccarty thickness select mahogany body, solid Brazillian neck and fretboard with unfinished wide fat profile.

RP pickups which split very well and sound great at bedroom clean all they way to high gain

One or two marks on the back and 2 very small marks on the top. Nothing on the neck both front or back, frets have had a recent dress and as such playing like new.

Comes with case candy and OHSC which is the beige suede case with the plush red lining in the pics.

See pics and feel free to shoot any questions my way.

They dont pop up all that often, looking for £2800 or a Tom Anderson Drop top and cash my way.

Has got a few marks, and there is some fading on the edges.

Based in Dunblane in Scotland, happy to post within UK as not really up for risking it sending internationally due to neck wood.

Any trades would have to be done in person.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
    Beut.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4242
    Great price!!!
  • thetomskthetomsk Frets: 99
    Bumpage
    Bump
  • I really would like to own this guitar! I have one with a trem, but want a stop tail one too. I'll need to sell something to fund it. Can you wait for a while?
    Call me on 07970 496565 if you like. 
    Cheers,
    Jules. 
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Crazy good price, beautiful guitar, I have its brother from another mother (identical but with a trem). If I ever came to sell I'd be asking a significant order of magnitude above this. Somebody snap this up!
  • PaulcolePaulcole Frets: 14
    I'll trade you a Tom Anderson Classic T in Butterscotch and a deep fried Mars Bar for it?
    Sorry guys, this one sold a while back. Had it been in minty condish I wouldn't have taken less than 3500 for it but there were dings and nicks and someone had a leather strap attached which kinda blistered the nitro near the strap pin. 
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    thetomsk said:
    Sorry guys, this one sold a while back. Had it been in minty condish I wouldn't have taken less than 3500 for it but there were dings and nicks and someone had a leather strap attached which kinda blistered the nitro near the strap pin. 
    Funny the blistering you describe has happened to mine too. I wonder if there was a construction issue. 
  • It's the nitro finish on the modern eagle (which isn't on many prs) reacting to the strap - shouldn't happen against leather mind!! Nitro finish reacts to different materials and can be quite bad in some cases.... Glad the ME sold for you - I picked mine up from off here - the ultimate guitar!!
    They are cracking but work needed done to the new house so I bit the bullet.

I had her for a year or so and was glad I had one for a bit.

I forgot it's usually some types of rubber/plastic as some stands react with nitro.
  • maguizmaguiz Frets: 1
    I'm very pleased to say that this instrument is now in my hand, imperfections and all make it all the more perfect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Glad you like it @maguiz. One of the nicest feeling necks I've ever played.

Did you buy it from guitars4you or was mark selling it privately?
  • maguizmaguiz Frets: 1
    @thetomsk, I got it from Mark, I've bought many guitars off him and his Dad over the years, he's also been very privileged to buy off me too! This is a fantastic instrument, like you say a wonderful neck.