Fredric effects zombie od?

What's Hot
llewllew Frets: 78
I'm after a low to medium gain transparent od really fancy the Fredric effects zombie klon clone,does anyone have any experience with them? I play a strat into a blackface type Amp.Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    I've only heard good things. 

He's on the site ask him yourself :D
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 367
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't call it a transparent OD, it does OD but imhp the reason to get a Klone is because it gives you "your sound + more" as a booster and in an excellent way. If your pre-amp stage is about to clip then by boosting you will achieve OD but it's not like a BB preamp or anything like that. The one from Fredric is the only one I've tried and was very happy with it. Excellent pedal, excellent service! But I don't think it shines as an OD; it's not bad but imho it's much better utilized as an always-on light boost pedal which makes you sound cooler.
  • I have the Golden Eagle, which is the same circuit but in an MXR size box. Absolutely brilliant thing, particularly with a strat into blackface-y amp
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    Ok cheers,I'v got a fulltone fatboost for boost duties and an ocd for rockier drive tones, Just after a good transparent low gain sound now. Been looking at the emmerson em overdrive too.That sounds cool.
  • I don't own one but I have played one, owned by a friend, and it sounds great. Fredric makes great quality pedals, i've owned a few but the only one I have now is his green muff.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited December 2013
    Another Fredric Golden Eagle owner here. Unlike the Zombie it can also run off a battery as did the Klon; battery life is limited, but it's convenient for me. It does exactly (as far as I can tell from memory) what my silver Klon used to do. It's definitely not a transparent OD, though with the gain right down it's close enough. I use it as a boost with a bit of gain. Set like this it adds mids, but you can use the treble control to compensate to an extent. I agree I like the way it enhances a Strat sound through a cleanish amp, and I've used it to great advantage in the studio with a Tele too. Ideally I'd like the switch to have a more positive feel underfoot, there's nothing wrong with it at all, it just feels lightweight compared to my other pedals. It's well made though, well priced and sounds excellent. 

If you really want "your sound but more" look for a Lizard Leg Flying Dragon, an excellent clean boost that does exactly that. I recently sold mine as I have no more use for a clean boost, but it's the best I ever found.

• I've just picked up the Zombie clone today from Vintage and Rare in Bath (excellent shop btw!). Went in for a wah, came out with that! Oops! Anyway, only had chance to play in the shop so far, but was very impressed so looking forward to using it at rehearsal volume soon. From what the guys in V&R we're saying, it's one of those pedals you can just leave on all the time...it's that good, and it just adds a certain je ne sais qoi to your overall sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah think I'm going to have to get one.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    It might be worth saying the magic word @timhulio
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1291
    tFB Trader
    Hi guys! Thanks for all the really positive feedback, and thanks @markslade07 for trying and buying one from Vintage & Rare. They've been a great torchbearer for Fredric Effects over the last year.

@llew, if you'd like a Zombie Klone, you can PM me on here, or just use the button on the site:
    Ok ta