Modding a Cry Baby Mini with an LED

What's Hot
Hey guys,

Love my Mini Cry Baby but really frustrated that I don't know when it is on or off! Anyone out there able to mod ti so it has an LED indicator? 

If its easy to do please point me in the right direction! Google search was fruitless, some people complained of a 3PDT switch being too big for the Mini. 
Check out my feedback thread here, would really appreciate it if you could leave a quick line if you've bought from me. :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    edited May 2016
    Looks like it's do-able with the right miniature 3PDT, although a standard one probably won't fit without fouling the gear.

(Click that link, for some reason it isn't embedding properly.)

You need one of these:

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Okay man, so it is possible! Is it hard to do though?

Check out my feedback thread here, would really appreciate it if you could leave a quick line if you've bought from me. :)
    Okay man, so it is possible! Is it hard to do though?
    Not really. Apart from the size of the switch I can't see it would be any different from a full-size one - replace the switch using two of the poles for the true bypass, drill a hole somewhere in the casing for an LED, and use the third pole to switch the LED (with appropriate resistor).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks dude :)
  • BGGBGG Frets: 703
    Even on a regular size way/crybaby I can't see LED's for the size of my feet, I'd have no chance at all with a mini Crybaby.
    #thebatesmotelband
    BGG said:
    Even on a regular size way/crybaby I can't see LED's for the size of my feet, I'd have no chance at all with a mini Crybaby.
    You can put the LED on the side, or the back like the Dimebag one.

• RolandRoland Frets: 9083
    You could also replace the base with a sheet of Perspex or acrylic. With a couple of LEDs inside the whole base will light up
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thats a great idea! Really wanna do that now!
  • BGGBGG Frets: 703
    That sounds awesome haha !!

#thebatesmotelband
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10012
    This guy sells the lighting-plates on ebay for £11. Standard size, but I'm sure he'd be able to make a mini sized one.
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 184
    I was just about to ask the same thing for a rmc wah, is their anyone in Nottingham who could do the mod for me? 
  • gingerbbmgingerbbm Frets: 33
    I just did this mod to a full size Jim Dunlop Crybaby ("rev C") and this Stinkfoot article was invaluable:

Here's my trading feedback thread: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/61795/
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9083
    Jtaylor said:
    I was just about to ask the same thing for a rmc wah, is their anyone in Nottingham who could do the mod for me? 
    I thought you lived in Bournemouth.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.