New to fuzz - Best fuzz for Hendrix (White Atom any good?)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Jonathanthomas83;1093777" said:
    So I got the @magnetic_effects white atom in the mail today, spent like 10 minutes with it and it just clicked. You know when you get a pedal and it's like the sound in your head? This is it. It's versatile beyond belief, covers a mental amount of ground and pretty sure it can tick all the boxes I wanted it to in some way or another.

I love it and pretty sure I'm not going to fall into the fuzz rabbit hole because of it! Thanks guys for the advice and to Christian for making an amazing pedal! Highly recommended, both for tones and for customer service.
    Excellent work - it's a great pedal!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So I got the @magnetic_effects white atom in the mail today, spent like 10 minutes with it and it just clicked. You know when you get a pedal and it's like the sound in your head? This is it. It's versatile beyond belief, covers a mental amount of ground and pretty sure it can tick all the boxes I wanted it to in some way or another.

I love it and pretty sure I'm not going to fall into the fuzz rabbit hole because of it! Thanks guys for the advice and to Christian for making an amazing pedal! Highly recommended, both for tones and for customer service.
    told yah!
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    Why does Roger Mayer rarely get mentioned, particularly in relation to Hendrix?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewton said:
    Why does Roger Mayer rarely get mentioned, particularly in relation to Hendrix?
    i suppose people kinda forget that he was the guy that went on tour and modded even designed hendrixs pedals!
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • My favourite do it all fuzz is the axis fuzz. Poodle pedals does a kit for it, so a friendly builder on here could knock you one up. However, being fuzz face based, it wants to be first in signal chain.

Easy to set though - max volume, max gain, then back each off a tiny bit until it stops squealing. That means at full guitar volume it'll be full on hendrix fun, but back of the volume a bit for responsive crunch, back off more for a really nice pristine clean tone.

I use muffs more these days. Less fussy, and better for bigger riffs. But I will have another axis fuzz. Just a wonderful pedal, if it's just strat - fuzz - amp.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    My favourite do it all fuzz is the axis fuzz. Poodle pedals does a kit for it, so a friendly builder on here could knock you one up. However, being fuzz face based, it wants to be first in signal chain.

Easy to set though - max volume, max gain, then back each off a tiny bit until it stops squealing. That means at full guitar volume it'll be full on hendrix fun, but back of the volume a bit for responsive crunch, back off more for a really nice pristine clean tone.

I use muffs more these days. Less fussy, and better for bigger riffs. But I will have another axis fuzz. Just a wonderful pedal, if it's just strat - fuzz - amp.
    I owned the Axis Fuzz, regret getting rid of it now. They've got expensive now as well, I sold mine quite some time ago for £50.
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    MJM London Fuzz. I have the silicon, which works great for dirty blues riffs
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    PS - Gary Clark has used the MXR La Machine in the past.  It has a switchable octave too - something he uses quite a lot. 
  • xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    Crosstown Fuzz by MojoHand will get you there.