I'm an idiot

What's Hot
So I finished putting the circuit together for a Bearfoot Honey Bee clone last night

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/bearfoot-honey-bee.html?m=1

Hooked it up to my test rig and no sound. It worked on bypass but not when engaged. Ok I assumed something was grounding so moved the pots apart then started checking for solder bridges. Gave up an hour later and went to bed before I started getting angry because I couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Came home from work today and with a clear head had another look... I immediately realised I hadn't put an IC in the socket!

Yup I'm a fecking idiot. The good news is the pedal sounds great and will be going into an enclosure this weekend. :-). I'm going to do a shootout with my sweet honey OD later tonight to see which one I prefer.
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6237
    tFB Trader
    if its any help I've done this a lot.... although the worse thing I've done was not plug my guitar in and wondered why there was no sound
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    ThorpyFX;1095124" said:
    if its any help I've done this a lot.... although the worse thing I've done was not plug my guitar in and wondered why there was no sound
    I usually have a guitar cable plugged into the pedal then nothing into the guitar or I have 1 cable into the pedal and a different identical one in the guitar then wonder why I can't hear anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2623
    tFB Trader
    oh grief, I am sure we have all done the no guitar plugged in error, the one I have often is forgetting to (re)install pre-amp valves under the cans

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8857
    Question 1. Is it plugged in and turned on dear?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Having been chosen at school to go and help the teachers learn how to use computers, there are a large amount of people who expect things to work without being plugged in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 643
    Back in the day, I once had to drive from Manchester to Aberdeen to fix a printer that the firm swore was dead. Walked through the door, looked at the printer for at least thirty seconds, asked if they had a new ribbon (told you it was back in the day), fitted it and was back in my car heading home in ten minutes including a comfort break.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom