Going to be a grumpy summer

What's Hot
MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
Was due to be back home from Uni a couple of weeks ago, but the person I was hoping to get a lift with has become too busy thanks to their own life getting in the way.

So, finally arrange to get someone to pick me and my stuff up, so that's good.

But things are not as I'd hoped.

After the bike was stolen the insurance pay out wasn't enough for a replacement bike so I wont have transport (the money has since gone on bills).

I'll be spending summer with my mother, who was meant to be paying for the internet (which is in my name) she hasn't and so it's going to be cut off... and so I get a bill for £150 (plus £31 for disconnection fee).

So, going home, where I need to get a temp job, but wont have internet access to search for work, and if I had the internet I'm restricted to work I can walk to (or after doing a couple of weeks work so I have bus fare - something in bus/train range).

I'm a grumpy summer camper.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    I lived at home throughout the whole of uni - didn't mind it too much. Sorry to hear, though. 

Crap summer here. Girlfriend has bowel cancer so not allowed in the sun, really... and it's the best summer we've had for decades apparently, so I'm stuck inside taking care of her. I'm not complaining - just wish I could get out and enjoy the fantastic summer weather we're having for once in Scotland!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    edited June 2016
    Be positive!' I wish I was 20 again and just coming back from uni.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I also wish I was 20 again :P

The lack of internet and transport will just make it feel like a long one... getting a job wont be so easy etc. Guess I'll be reminded what the outside looks like, and I'll have plenty of time for guitar playing... and I'll get quite a bit of reading done.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    On the bright side though at least you won't lose your hair though eh.  You might, but statistically it's fairly improbable.  My scalp is starting to get burnt to fuck.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Fuck me, go the library and use their computers, take a bus to work. Pretty easy.

Start applying for jobs yesterday and check your phone for emails from time to time if you've low data allowance.

I would love to have all summer off to fuck about and work in a menial, stress zero job.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    Myranda said:
    ... and I'll get quite a bit of reading done.
    that doesn't sound very student-ish.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    lloyd said:
    Fuck me, go the library and use their computers, take a bus to work. Pretty easy.

Start applying for jobs yesterday and check your phone for emails from time to time if you've low data allowance.

I would love to have all summer off to fuck about and work in a menial, stress zero job.

Buses like to be paid in advance... it's rare that they let you use the bus for a couple of weeks before charging you :P
    TTony said:
    Myranda said:
    I know! I wont even be getting druny!
    I lived at home throughout the whole of uni - didn't mind it too much. Sorry to hear, though. 

Crap summer here. Girlfriend has bowel cancer so not allowed in the sun, really... and it's the best summer we've had for decades apparently, so I'm stuck inside taking care of her. I'm not complaining - just wish I could get out and enjoy the fantastic summer weather we're having for once in Scotland!
    That sucks. Hope things improve.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9714
    @myranda - life can be tough sometimes, but think of it as an opportunity...

rise above your circumstances, and you'll be amazed at what can happen ;)

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Myranda;1098385" said:
    lloyd said:

Buses like to be paid in advance... it's rare that they let you use the bus for a couple of weeks before charging you :P

TTony said:

Myranda said:

Seriously you don't have £8 to get a weekly saver ticket? Come on, even if you don't-when you get a job we all know somebody that will float us a tenner till pay day.

This whinge should be in shit that boils your piss, you're coming across like a right moaning fucker to my ears....

No rent, no work, no stress, no responsibility....cry us a river, uni is/should be the best times of your life...work while at uni, it's not difficult then you wouldn't be on your arse come summer. Seriously work 16 hours a week and get agency work over holidays/reading weeks and your effective take home pay is equivalent to about £16/17k (at least it was when I went) with loans taken into consideration-this is a liveable wage, if not hugely comfortable, you can buy a bus ticket to get to work...

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    lloyd said:
     you're coming across like a right moaning fucker to my ears....

you too.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    He's Welsh, he has an excuse.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    lloyd;1098445" said:
    [quote="Myranda;1098385"]lloyd said:

TTony said:

Myranda said:

Seriously you don't have £8 to get a weekly saver ticket? Come on, even if you don't-when you get a job we all know somebody that will float us a tenner till pay day.

This whinge should be in shit that boils your piss, you're coming across like a right moaning fucker to my ears....

No rent, no work, no stress, no responsibility....cry us a river, uni is/should be the best times of your life...work while at uni, it's not difficult then you wouldn't be on your arse come summer. Seriously work 16 hours a week and get agency work over holidays/reading weeks and your effective take home pay is equivalent to about £16/17k (at least it was when I went) with loans taken into consideration-this is a liveable wage, if not hugely comfortable, you can buy a bus ticket to get to work...[/quote]

I'm only seeing one whinger in this thread
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    @myranda - life can be tough sometimes, but think of it as an opportunity...

rise above your circumstances, and you'll be amazed at what can happen ;)

I don't want to rise above, I want to batter my circumstances into submission and have them sink below me... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016

Fanny batter?  Yeah I always find it kills the stress too.  Good decision.

(I mean knocking one out, not having sex, sex is dirty man)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    lloyd;1098445" said:
    [quote="Myranda;1098385"]lloyd said:

TTony said:

Myranda said:

No rent, no work, no stress, no responsibility....cry us a river, uni is/should be the best times of your life...work while at uni, it's not difficult then you wouldn't be on your arse come summer. Seriously work 16 hours a week and get agency work over holidays/reading weeks and your effective take home pay is equivalent to about £16/17k (at least it was when I went) with loans taken into consideration-this is a liveable wage, if not hugely comfortable, you can buy a bus ticket to get to work...[/quote]

I'm only seeing one whinger in this thread
    Where do you live that a bus costs £8 a week?! The shortest cheapest trip a bus locally can do that's worth getting a bus for and not walking is £20 a week as a saver. And that's to a village with virtually nothing in it, let alone somewhere to work. Train to the next town is £35 a week.

As for no rent - nope. I'm expected to pay rent... 

Ironically the "expensive" london would be much cheaper, as a student I get ultra cheap bus fare where I can use an oyster card... which of course isn't usable back home. But then I'd need to have money for up-front for a deposit.

I was due to be back weeks ago so I'd have had more time to look for work, when things fell throuh I didn't know when I'd be able to start so hard to stop chasing agencies... 

And where do you assume I'll get agency work that somehow pays enough to be earning the equivelent of 16k ?? If you know somewhere hiring temps at that sort of money please, let me know
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Carphone warehouse are doing a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month with lots of Gb's.  My neighbour told me.  Depends on what phone you have but still eh.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9714
    Or just get your finger out and quit whinging.... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Or just get your finger out and quit whinging.... :)
    What I said.  Put's a real perspective slat on things once you bleed you body of hormones.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Pretty crap Myranda...... :(

Hopefully you'll figure something out dude.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi