So then, pickups and pots question.

Just planning some mods and come across a stumbling block because I'm a bit thick. 

I'll be replacing the pickups in a strat to HSS. I know from experience that I'll need a 500k pot to keep the humbucker from being too dull. Is that going to make the 2 singles too bright or is there a way round it? 

Ta in advance

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    There is a way round it by using a 500K pot and adding a resistor to simulate 250K in the single-coil positions, although you'll need to either use a superswitch, or change the wiring of the tone controls so one is for both single coils and one is for the humbucker… which is usually an improvement anyway in my opinion - it also means you can use a 500K tone/.022uF cap for the humbucker and a 250K/.047 for the singles.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom