Laptop under £400 advise please

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    Thanks for the input, will check out that HP. Bit concerned that photos will eat up 128GB quite quickly.
    My daughter's one has a standard 500GB hard drive.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    Hopefully the new 3DNand drives will come down in price in the consumer market soon.

We currently sell our arrays with 3.2TB with 8TB coming later this year and 16TB in 2017.
    Price per IOP will then be far better than spinning rust, I have a lot of customers who can't wait
    to get rid of racks and racks of SAS disk and replace with just 1/2 rack of 16TB SSDs = 9PB of 
    storage
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited June 2016

My HP Pavilion is a piece of junk.  I've rebooted it several times and cracked the screen in a fit of rage the other night as I just cannot stand wasting time on stuff that doesn't do what it's supposed to.  There are so many loose connections in the thing as well.  The dual core AMD A8-5550m 2.10GHz runs hot new, a little dust and it's at standstill.  Also only 3.16GB of Ram is useable of the 4GB.

In it's favour it still works after I picked it up and chucked it two metres in the air and 5 metres across the room behind my shoulder, obviously apart from the screen.

I think I'm going to look up a used machine for around £100 and maybe get a tablet for jack action.

To be honest the 17.3" screen was the things only redeeming feature.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock