Idiots driving cars

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5022
You see them every day.  Drivers going around roundabouts with a mobile phone to their ears.  Usually held to the right ear by the left hand.  Idiots.

I saw a different kind of idiot driving in town recently.  He was wearing headphones, bright white over ears.  Ignoring the obvious danger through not being able to hear, surely such behavior is breaking some driving law.  Using a mobile phone while driving is.  So must wearing headphones while driving.

What does it take for people to decide to act responsibly in these matters?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    edited June 2016
    I hear you.

I had a guy in a white Audi changed lanes almost on top of me today.
    I was overtaking on a 2 lane A road.
    He indicated precisely 0.00000001 seconds before to moved into the lane.

I accelerated ahead of him because if I didn't then I would be dead (on a motorbike).
    He caught up to me at the lights and apologised- he clearly didn't look and he had a his iPhone earbud hanging out of one ear.

What annoys me is when people drive when driving is not the thing they are paying attention to.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    My bro n laws mate got killed on his bike on tuesday, by all accounts a driver on the other side of the road overtook, hit him head on. Wife and 3 kids left with nothing.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16275
    Probably the first time you noticed because big white headphones but you would be amazed how many people drive with earplugs attached to ipods in their ears - seen so many idiot pedestrians walk straight over junctions with these on and nearly get run-over because they are sensorily deprived
    makes you wonder tho ' what about deaf drivers ?  
    My bro n laws mate got killed on his bike on tuesday, by all accounts a driver on the other side of the road overtook, hit him head on. Wife and 3 kids left with nothing.
    Sorry to hear it, Jonny.
    That is terrible.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 468
    My dad was hit a few years ago on his motorbike by a car coming out of a junction and saw just before the crash that the other driver was on his phone. He was lucky to get away with some minor bruising to his arm and a written off bike, but others aren't so lucky.

In a way, you have to feel for the police in trying to get through to idiots like that. Last year at a Kent Police driving course (stupid mobile speed cameras) they made all of us realise just how dangerous it can be. They just don't appreciate the seriousness of what can happen if you lose concentration of the car for a few seconds.

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    People are crazy in cars, especially when they go troppo.  They do all need a reality check.  Everyone is shouting wanker at so and so this evening on the way home, yet traffic was hardly moving.  I don't get it, I really don't get it.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2275
    Many steering wheel attendants have no idea what's going on around them. I reguarly see people on the phone (some hold it in front of them in a Im not on the phone posture), texting, talkin to their friend whilst looking at them. 

I do 4 junctions of the M1 into that roundabout hell aka Milton Keynes. I often see people enter the motorway without looking, leave without looking, change lanes without looking. 

Best/worst thing I ever saw was a guy calmly standing 5ft from his car on the hard shoulder talking on the phone. [i]the car was on fire[/i]
    Sambostar said:
    People are crazy in cars, especially when they go troppo.  They do all need a reality check.  Everyone is shouting wanker at so and so this evening on the way home, yet traffic was hardly moving.  I don't get it, I really don't get it.
    Ok, calling custard on this.

Only Australian's use the word 'troppo'.
    If you search on this forum for the word 'troppo' only you and I use it.
    You are Australian.

OK then, but if you want to be like that, you are fucking middle class Brit through and through and through.

:)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    The thing I've noticed recently is the amount of people running red lights, and also not looking before pulling out of a roundabout junction. It's absolute madness!!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24843
    Everyone of them thinks it won't happen to them.

They are often wrong.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sambostar said:

OK then, but if you want to be like that, you are fucking middle class Brit through and through and through.

:)
    Indubitably. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3097
    slacker;1104178" said:
    Many steering wheel attendants have no idea what's going on around them. I reguarly see people on the phone (some hold it in front of them in a Im not on the phone posture), texting, talkin to their friend whilst looking at them. 

I do 4 junctions of the M1 into that roundabout hell aka Milton Keynes. I often see people enter the motorway without looking, leave without looking, change lanes without looking. 

Best/worst thing I ever saw was a guy calmly standing 5ft from his car on the hard shoulder talking on the phone. the car was on fire
    Aahh the M1. Filled with silly fuckers in German cars with no idea they aren't the only people on the road. Love it.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10393
    octatonic said:
    I hear you.
    I didn't.Had my headphones in.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    I almost hit a police car head on this afternoon coming home. They were overtaking a van while going round a bend which put them in my lane and directly in front of me as I came round the same bend from the other direction.

They had their lights on but no siren. I appreciate they were responding to something but there's no point ending up in hospital or dead on their way to a call.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Should have done a handbrake and hit then over the head with a crowbar
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    more than once a week I have someone drive across the front of me when I get a green light..
    people are getting more and more impatient and jumping lights
    it makes me so angry when I see this
    my oldest was almost killed and two of his best pals were a few years back because of this..

play every note as if it were your first
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    I blame the Internet. Everybody expects everything to happen immediately.
    I personally love driving and don't let myself get wound up.
    Yes I like to drive fast when safe but quite happy to sit and wait. The beauty of soft top driving.
    I'd actually be interested I accident stats comparing soft tops to hard tops.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I blame Audi drivers. Audi drivers in white cars. Evil, evil people. I nearly got wiped out by one on Tuesday.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    True that. There are Audi drivers that can afford their cars and there are Audi drivers who can't afford their cars, but the one thing that binds them is the fact that they are all wankers of the fresst degree.