Flying on a 747 right now

What's Hot
fnptfnpt Frets: 756
From Jo'burg to Frankfurt on Lufthansa and with access to wi-fi. Welcome to the 21st century
____
"You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fnptfnpt Frets: 756
    Oh, and watching the match as well!
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Does it have a USB socket in the arm too?

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    Not that I can see, why?
    ____
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9707
    Wow. Enjoy mate... I'd be really impressed though if you had your guitar and amp with you...
    Found it, it's in the arm rest near the ground
    ____
    Bit disapointed though, last time it was an A380
    ____
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    fnpt;1105356" said:
    Not that I can see, why?
    Idle curiosity. Always wished theyd put them on the airlines I fly with. But then again, i havent flown any decent airlines.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    This shit is bumping
    ____
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 940
    Be thankful you're not flying BA - they've only just embraced hot drinks on the 747s. A cup of tea at altitude? Luxury! In all seriousness, the 747s that BA operate on LHR-CPT are LITERALLY falling apart. The crew were so embarassed about it last time I flew but what can they do?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    You will never get really hot water on an aircraft. They are pressured to an altitude of about 7000ft
    So the boiling point is a lot lower.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    Forgot the plane but I flew across the Atlantic a few months ago and it had wifi, using the app I was able to watch in flight entertainment through the app on my phone, which is a much better screen than on the plane which makes it nicer.  Online wasn't that expensive either, I think it was like £7/$10 for the duration of the flight. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Flash git.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10393
    edited June 2016
    Pah!!!

I'm currently stood outside Sambostars patio doors watching him having a pull with his curtains open.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    Pah!!!

I'm currently stood outside Sambostars patio doors watching him having a pull with his curtains open.
    Many people have parted Sambo's curtains. Very few do it twice. 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    fnpt said:
    From Jo'burg to Frankfurt on Lufthansa and with access to wi-fi. Welcome to the 21st century
    Not being funny or anything, shouldn't you be concentrating on flying the fucking thing rather than dicking about on here?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Arrived at Frankfurt. Two more flights to get home
    ____
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27693
    It's very clever, but I really don't want wifi on planes as all it will mean is work will get extended into travel time even more than it already is.

Be thankful you're not flying BA - they've only just embraced hot drinks on the 747s. A cup of tea at altitude? Luxury! In all seriousness, the 747s that BA operate on LHR-CPT are LITERALLY falling apart. The crew were so embarassed about it last time I flew but what can they do?
    BA are fucking terrible but management still think they're great. It's not a good combination. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires